**Department:** Operating Room
**Work Type:** Full Time (Total FTE between 0.9 and 1.0)
**Shift:** **Shift 1**
**Work Schedule:** 10 Hr
The RN 1 is a beginning level nurse who utilizes a scientific and theoretical knowledge base along with policy and procedures, standards of care and protocols to guide practice. The RN 1 relies on the experience, judgment and support of others while developing knowledge in practice. Exemplifies the Rush mission, vision and values and acts in accordance with Rush policies and procedures.
Evidence Based Practice
• Seeks out resources to assist in the management of new patient situations.
• Uses evidenced based guidelines (P&P, nursing standards of care, protocols and pathways) consistently.
• Supports a hospital wide innovation to achieve positive outcomes.
Relationships and Caring
• Establishes a caring, therapeutic relationship with patients and families through effective communication, acknowledgement of patient/family perceptions of health and illness and mutual goal setting for optimal outcomes.
• Treats patients and families with respect and a sensitivity for diverse viewpoints and cultures.
• Maintains positive, professional relationships with all members of the healthcare team.
• Works effectively with other professional nurses through mutual support and respect.
• Demonstrates beginning collaboration skills to meet the needs of patients and families.
• Utilizes beginning assessment skills to evaluate the physical and psychosocial needs of patient/family.
• Uses scientific and theoretical knowledge to develop and implement the plan of care for assigned patients with support from experienced staff.
• Recognizes a change in patient status and seeks appropriate resources to address concerns.
• Uses medical devices safely and effectively in the delivery of patient care and seeks guidance when needed.
• Demonstrates accountability for implementing policies related to safe and effective administration of medications.
• Assesses patient safety needs and implements appropriate strategies (fall precautions, infection control, and suicide risk patient identification) to minimize risk and seeks guidance when needed.
• Applies the teaching-learning process effectively to meet the learning needs of patients and families
• Demonstrates accountability for own professional practice, including progress toward achievement of annual goals with guidance.
• Supports unit goals and change initiatives.
• Demonstrates beginning delegation skills to meet the needs of patients.
**Required Job Qualifications:**
•Entry Level - no previous RN experience required
•Current state of Illinois Registered Nursing License
•Bachelor's degree in Nursing (BSN) or Associate's degree in nursing (ADN) (with acceptance into an accredited school of nursing prior to hire).
•RNs hired prior to 10/22/2020 are grandfathered in with an Associate Degree in Nursing (ADN) in nursing, with no further need to obtain a Bachelor's degree in Nursing (BAN or BSN).
•Chief Nursing Officer must provide approval for any RNs with ADN degree hired after 10/22/2020, based upon unit need. ADN RNs hired after 10/22/2020 must show continued enrolment towards a BSN degree with a signature of contract stipulating a BSN degree must be completed within 3 years of hire. ADN RNS are not eligible for leveling to RN3.
•Current CPR Certification
•ACLS within 1 year of hire for ICU, Telemetry, 6west, Endoscopy, PACU, IR, and ED
•PALS within 1 year of hire for PACU and ED
•Communication skills are required in order to teach.
• Ability to interact effectively with others in difficult situations.
• Work requires the ability to walk throughout the medical center and to be standing and walking most of the designated shift.
• Work requires lifting and carrying objects 35-40 lbs. and supporting and positioning patients, some of whom may exceed 300 lbs.
• The ability to check documents for errors, use of a keyboard to enter or retrieve data, and closely examine specimens, images or reports is required.
• Work conditions include performing procedures where carelessness could result in injury or illness and/or contact with potentially infectious materials and/or strong chemical agents.
RUSH IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. WE EVALUATE QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, NATIONAL ORIGIN, DISABILITY, VETERAN STATUS, AND OTHER LEGALLY PROTECTED CHARACTERISTICS.
**Position** Registered Nurse 1 - Operating Room $5,000 Sign-On Bonus
**Location** US:IL:Oak Park
**Req ID** 1629
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (Acls)
- Critical Care