I. Position Summary:
The Certified Instrument Tech assesses and plans the sterile instrument supply needs of the Sterile Processing and instrument storage according to each day's surgical schedule. Assesses and maintains the OR environment to provide cleanliness and patient safety.
High School graduate or equivalent, must hold current certification as a
Certified Surgical Instrument Processor or related field.
B. Training and Experience:
1. Complete hospital orientation within 3 months of hire required
2. Complete Customer Service course within 3 months of hire required
3. Sterile Processing certification encouraged
4. Complete the following competencies within 3 months of hire or transfer to department:
• Decontamination of surgical instruments
• Assembly of instrument sets
• Sterilization of surgical instruments and instrument sets
• Re-shelving of instruments and instrument sets
• Maintain instrument stock per levels