UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Specialty Benefits is an exciting & growing area within Employer & Individual at UnitedHealthcare. Specialty Benefits consists of Hearing, Dental, Vision and several other products. This role will support the Hearing accounting team.
This position is a key member of the Hearing Accounting Team and should possess technical curiosity and is excited by uncharted processes and challenges. The successful candidate should enjoy working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and be agile enough to juggle multiple and competing priorities, and still meet deadlines. Candidate should love problem solving, and be eager to learn what drives the business.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Gain and maintain a working knowledge of the systems that support our accounting
- Manage and meet journal entry deadlines during month end close period (3 days)
- Perform balance sheet reconciliations
- Develop and communicate innovative approaches for continued improvement in efficiency and effectiveness
- Analyze fluctuations in accounts month over month, and year over year
- Perform ad hoc reporting and analysis and investigate issues providing explanations and proposing solutions
- Participate on monthly legal entity close calls with entity executives
- Support FP&A and operations team by preparing requested data from the GL, sub-ledgers, or other data repositories
- Support/maintain the underlying GL structure and provides recommendations on potential changes that may impact financial reporting and create value
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related discipline
- 1+ years accounting experience including month end closing, preparation of financial statements, financial and variance analysis, and preparation of journal entries and account reconciliations
- Solid understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Intermediate to advanced use of Excel
- Experience with Hyperion Smartview/Essbase, PeopleSoft, and/or Blackline
- Self-starter, solid time management
- SQL skills and experience with large databases
- Excellent communications skills
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 5 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $54,400 to $97,000. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $60,000 to $106,700. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.