We look forward to your application! When applying, please be sure to put your Full Legal First Name and Last Name for legal and processing purposes.
Are you looking for an opportunity to turn your ambition and your people skills into a rewarding career with an industry leader? Join our team at American Tire Distributors! As the nation's premier tire distributor, ATD’s coast-to-coast distribution network provides approximately 80,000 customers across the U.S. and Canada with rapid and frequent delivery of high quality tires, custom wheels and shop supplies.
Reporting to the FP&A Director, the FP&A Manager is responsible for influencing business decisions with impactful insights on improving the accuracy and proactive management of overall business performance. The FP&A Manager will accelerate business performance through innovative solutions that impact highly complex, systemic financial planning and budgeting requirements. This role will serve as a key business partner and use acknowledge expertise to execute highly complex projects and coach staff in building proficiency in area of expertise.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Financial Planning & Analysis Management
- Manage and execute the financial aspects of strategic planning, annual operating plan, rolling 12-month financial forecasting, S&OP, and working capital forecasting processes.
- Influence business decisions with systemic connections and high impact insights to improve business performance.
- Consolidate and summarize reports on performance against business metrics and translate data into actionable insights.
- Influence business decisions with high-impact analyses on operating expenses to ensure adherence to targets and identification of trends and opportunities for improvement.
- Deliver portfolio communication on rolling estimate results for business partners and influence business decisions with high-impact insights on risks and opportunities.
- Influence business decisions through high-impact insights and recommendations for strategic planning.
- Provide subject matter expertise and partner with internal clients, teams, and leaders as needed.
- Evaluate current processes and lead the continuous improvement of the company’s financial planning and analysis priorities, programs, models, tools, and methods.
Direct Report Position Title(s)
- Provides guidance and coaching to build associate expertise in all aspects of financial planning and analysis.
- Manage and participate in recruiting, training, and evaluation activities to maintain a high-quality FP&A staff.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree (Finance, Accounting, Economics, or related field)
- Experience: 4-8 years of experience in FP&A, investment banking, corporate finance or management consulting
Candidate Skills and Competencies
- Education: Advanced Degree (MBA)
- Experience: Experience with planning and business intelligence applications such as Anaplan, Microstrategy, Power BI, and Tableau
- Financial Planning
- Champion the organization's budgeting process and regulations and enforce employee participation and adherence to budgeting policies and processes.
- Collaborate with finance and accounting leaders to set financial goals in the medium term (6-12 months).
- Deal with complex budgeting issues.
- Evaluate budgeting initiatives to reduce the amount of variation between actual and budgeted revenues or costs and develop action plans to implement initiatives.
- Forecast financial resource requirements for each department to assist in the upcoming budgeting processes and develop projected financial statements for the organization, related to the budgeted revenue and cost targets.
- Support departments to achieve financial goals and work within the financial resources allocated to the department; develop contingency plans or funds for departments 'over spending.'
- Explain budgeting process to business partners to help them with building and managing their budgets.
- Data Analysis
- Demonstrate an advanced understanding of metrics.
- Select relevant and insightful metrics.
- Able to identify patterns and predict data outcomes and use information to shape programs and affect all business units.
- Employ evidence-based decision making, and support key decisions with data.
- Evaluate existing technology and advocate for investments in new technology to meet data requirements.
- Incorporate data and insights from multiple sources to tell a meaningful story and share actionable recommendations.
- Management Accounting
- Evaluate the cost/volume/profit of the organization's products or services, as well as the impact of changes to the organization's supply chain and the impact that leveraging different pricing and cost strategies will have on the organization's profitability.
- Demonstrate an understanding of management accounting systems.
- Perform analyses on internal key performance indicators (KPIs), as well as KPIs for the organization's target customers.
- Deliver high-quality, accurate, and complete management reporting information.
- Participate in analyzing competitors' financial information, identifying their strengths and weaknesses, in comparison to the organization's.
- Organizational Finance Policies Compliance and Maintenance
- Assist in the continuous development of the organization's policies.
- Analyze the impact of changes to organizational finance policies.
- Encourage others to comply with all organizational regulations, policies, and processes.
Additional Details (work environment, specializations, etc.)
- Advanced Excel modeling and data analytics capabilities.
- Effective, convincing & polished presentation skills, with advanced PowerPoint capabilities.
- Experience in financial statement review and adept at managing large data sets across multiple technology sources.
- Quantitative methods/analytics skills (e.g., predictive, Monte Carlo simulation, risk analysis).
- Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk, hear, taste and/or smell; the employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Travel Required: Minimal travel expected (up to 10% seasonally).
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor, subject to reasonable accommodations. Nothing in this job description creates a contract of employment in any way for any person. All employees hired by American Tire Distributors, Inc. are employees at will and the company reserves the right to terminate employees at any time for any reason or no reason at all.
Build a challenging and rewarding career with us!
American Tire Distributors is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace
Job ID: R09754