To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Merrifield, VA 22119
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Web Content Strategist I
Navy Federal Credit Union • Merrifield, VA
Posted 18 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Why You Will Love Being Part of the Navy Federal Team:
*Competitive compensation with opportunities for annual raises, promotions, and bonus potential
*Best-in-Class Benefits! (7% 401k match / Pension plan / Tuition reimbursement / Great insurance options)
*On-site amenities include fitness center, wellness center, cafeteria, etc. at Pensacola, FL; Vienna, VA and Winchester, VA campuses
*Consistently Awarded Top Workplace
*Nationally recognized training department by TRAINING Magazine
*An employee-focused, diverse, and service-oriented workplace environment
The Web Content Strategist assists in the planning, execution and maintenance of Navy Federal’s digital content strategy. Uses data and best practices to implement and monitor Navy Federal’s online and digital properties for usability, relevance and member engagement in support of the user experience and organizational priorities. Understands Content Management System best practices, search engine optimization, content strategy architecture and digital metrics to enhance and maintain Navy Federal’s digital content. The Web Content Strategist I collaborates with Marketing staff and other internal business units/vendors to ensure timely/accurate implementation of digital content enhancements/requirements, and to optimize search engine results and user experience.
• Analyze and report content initiative results and make recommendations for future campaigns and projects
• Collaborate with a cross-functional team, including UX, development, copy writers and stakeholders to define requirements for new/updated features and functionality
• Conduct audits to create content inventories and gap analyses and recommend corrective action
• Develop/recommend changes to improve usability of digital content , functionality, interactivity, and usability of site(s) to management
• Evaluate, test, edit, and optimize web experiences
• Develop content strategy architecture, digital asset management, content management systems (CMS), and online/digital metrics based on industry best practices
• Represent Web & Content Marketing team at meetings with business units and other Marketing teams
• Review all content and digital/online properties to ensure compliance with corporate brand standards, marketing style guides, and legal requirements
• Review, catalog and organize all content inventory
• Track/coordinate implementation of digital content enhancements/development and ensure deadlines are met
• Create, maintain, and execute the online/digital content calendar containing all Navy Federal properties
• Work with internal content authors, and provide feedback to third party content suppliers
• Performs other duties as appropriate
• Bachelor’s Degree in a related field or the equivalent combination of training, education, and experience
• Effective verbal and written communications skills
• Experience in content delivery, management, retrieval systems and production for high traffic websites
• Experience in translating complex concepts, customer needs, motivations and behaviors into easy-to-understand interactive experiences and deliverables
• Experience in using web analytics software (Google Analytics, and Adobe SiteCatalyst)
• Knowledge in interactive usability best practices and concepts
• Knowledge of interactive design and information architecture related to content strategy
• Knowledge of SEO strategy as applied to content
• Maintain current knowledge of digital and online technologies, best practices, trends, issues, editing and authoring tools
• Managing multiple priorities independently and/or in a team environment to achieve goals
• Organizational, planning and time management skills
• Skill influencing and building consensus with business partners
• Skill navigating multiple screens and PC applications and adapting to new technologies
• Desired - Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, Communications, Marketing, Information Technology or related field
• Desired - Experience in various content management systems (Adobe CQ5 and WordPress preferred)
• Desired - Knowledge of the financial services environment and Navy Federal's functions, policies, procedures, products, and services
• Desired - Experience working in a demanding, fast paced, creative environment similar to an advertising agency
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability