Kelly Engineering Resources has an outstanding contract to hire opportunity for a mid to Senior level Safety Engineer/Manager or Industrial Hygienist. This role is with a chemical and chemical process equipment manufacturer located in the NW suburbs. This is a ground floor opportunity to build & implement a safety program from scratch for 3 plants.
Essential Responsibilities for the Safety Engineer
- Develop and implement plant wide safety program the meets environmental and OSHA standards, improves worker safety and reduces potential for injury or loss
- Review existing processes, procedures and policies
- Write new procedures, policies, training programs, etc.
- Review operations, equipment, and assess workers' exposure to workplace hazards with:
- Caustic Chemical usage & storage
- Use of PPE
- Develop a plan that minimizes the potential for injury, exposure to chemical emissions
- Review existing building infrastructure to ensure facility systems and building integrity meet operational requirements, safety and environmental standards
- Execute and implement EHS program including training, project execution as required.
- Stay current on changes to industry standards, OSHA & environmental requirements
Qualifications of the Successful Safety Engineer
- Bachelor/Master degree - Industrial Engineering, Safety Engineering, Industrial Hygiene
- OSHA, CSP or CIH certifications required.
- Record of designing and implement a EHS program is required as there is no program in place.
- Minimum of 5 years safety engineering experience is required.
- Extended overnight travel to Texas or California will be required, as program is scaled to other plants.
- Must able to work and coordinate with all levels of plant staff.
Kelly puts you in charge of your career, with access to cutting edge projects and technologies in
industry leading organizations. Top companies throughout the world have trusted Kelly as a premier
source of engineering talent and services since 1965. And engineering job seekers know Kelly as a firm
with an unmatched reputation for quality, integrity and professionalism. Whether you seek the variety
and flexibility of working on short term project engagements, or prefer contract-to-hire or direct
hire placement with our clients, apply with Kelly to explore opportunities that suit your specific
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2017 was $5.4 billion. Visit URL blocked - click to apply and connect with us on URL blocked - click to apply, URL blocked - click to apply and URL blocked - click to apply.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females,
Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is
committed to employing a diverse workforce. URL blocked - click to apply
Personal Protective Equipment