To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- New York, NY 10022
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Senior Federal Tax Manager
Kforce Finance and Accounting • New York, NY
Posted 2 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
RESPONSIBILITIES:Kforce has a client, a national CPA firm in New York, New York (NY) is growing and in need of a Senior Federal Tax Manager. Responsibilities:
- Direct, execute and complete tax projects and compliance efforts across a variety of industries
- Will economically and efficiently manage projects including billing and accounts receivable responsibilities
- Conduct review of federal and state income tax returns for corporate, S corp., partnership and individual clients
- Develop and maintain strong client relationships
- Provide innovative tax planning strategies and compliance expertise to clients; perform research and prepare/review technical tax memorandum
- Understand and manage firm risk on tax services performed
- A Senior Manager is a critical member of the local tax office team, providing thought leadership to the partner group while actively developing and mentoring staff and Managers
- Manage, develop, and mentor staff/managers on projects and assess performance through formal periodic reviews and informal feedback
- Work closely with partners, managers and staff to integrate efficient standard operating procedures and practice development skills using a team approach to client service
- Perform other job-related responsibilities as necessary
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, MST is a plus
- CPA required
- 10+ years' experience in public accounting; strong preference for Big 4 or large regional firm experience
- Experience with international corporate tax
- Advanced technical and tax accounting skills in the areas of: corporate, partnership, and individual taxation with a consulting mindset
- Proven leadership skills in managing client service teams and multiple projects in a fast-paced and interactive team environment to meet and exceed client expectations
- Ability to mentor and develop tax staff and managers
- Exceptional client service and communication skills with a proven ability to develop and maintain outstanding client relationships
- Ability to identify value-added opportunities and work in a team environment to develop business
- Personal drive to develop self/others and provide leadership insight to the local tax team