Do you have experience supervising an Ag customer service crew? Do you have a Class-A CDL with endorsements? Can you repetitively bend and lift to 40 lbs. in a non-climate controlled environment? Are you proficient with computers? Do you possess strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize effectively? If you said yes to these questions, we’d like to hear from you!
For nearly a century, Wilbur-Ellis has experienced success and growth in marketing and distributing agricultural products and services. Join us and grow your career with a strong and profitable industry leader offering competitive compensation, tremendous growth and development opportunities, and a people-first work environment. Come grow with us!
General Purpose and Scope of Position:
Wilbur-Ellis is seeking a Fertilizer Field Service Supervisor. This position is responsible primarily for the safe and efficient direction of field services necessary to provide fertilizer and plant protection applications for our customers. Critical to the success in the role is the coaching, feedback, training and daily supervision necessary for ensuring safe application processes.
Key Skills and Abilities:
- High School graduate or equivalent, college degree preferred
- 2-4 years previous experience supervising a crew delivering Ag customer service
- Class A CDL Required
- Must possess good computer skills including knowledge of MS office
- Must be able to read, analyze and interpret written procedures and reports
- Strength in the ability to apply mathematical concepts such as fractions, percentages, and ratios to practical applications
- Fluent in English, both verbal and written
- Ability to consistently bend and lift up to 40 lbs. while working in a non-climate controlled environment
Key Personal Attributes:
- Knowledge and/or experience with agricultural operations (preferred)
- Strong customer service orientation required, including the ability to effectively respond to telephone calls and customer inquiries
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from other employees, customers, regulatory agencies, suppliers, etc.
- Excellent driving record
- Must be able to deal effectively with different personalities
- Good communication skills on the telephone, two-way radio and with the public
- Must have strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize multiple assignments. Must be versatile, flexible, and willing and have the ability to handle multiple priorities to completion within specific timeframes
- Ability to travel by automobile or commercial transportation to other branches, meeting locations or customer farms
- Ability to sit at desk or computer terminal to perform writing, and keying/typing information
Specific Responsibilities and Key Deliverables Include:
- Responsible for providing direct supervision, support and training to field services support team members, while handling daily field services goals and deliverables
- Responsible for ensuring that all service team members are properly trained in functions being performed and that the correct materials and service practices are followed at all times
- Responsible for making sure assets are utilized fully.
- Responsible for ensuring that all safety gear is properly used at all times and that safe practices are followed consistently
- Responsible for attending product training sessions, meetings and pursuing information to ensuring current product, training and practices knowledge
- Responsible for ensuring the delivery, set-up, and calibration of all field equipment, ensuring the equipment has been properly maintained and/or serviced as required for safe functionality
- Responsible for maintaining a professional interaction with all customers, partnering with field sales to resolve any service disputes
- Present a professional image to our customers
- Operate vehicles and equipment in a safe and legal manner
- Take out, set up and calibrate equipment to be used by the growers in the field.
- Ensure that all equipment is running and safe to operate, specifically:
- Operate vehicles and equipment in a safe and legal manner.
- Make sure the materials are properly distributed.
- Moves tanks as needed per dispatch instructions and safe placement of field storage tank guidelines.
- Use GPS calibration tools to determine farm and field boundaries
- Communicate with dispatch to farm conditions
- Complete daily vehicle and equipment inspections every time vehicle/equipment is used
- Properly identify and label ALL bulk material transported and remove all documents from equipment upon return
- Keep clean and efficient housekeeping of yard, office space, workshop, equipment, and personal vehicle
- Complete proper documents for tracking of equipment
- Maintain all licenses to comply with regulatory agencies.
- Complete and carry all appropriate shipping documents for accurate invoicing and compliance
- Performs all other duties as assigned in order to meet the productivity and performance goals of the operation
- Exercises daily supervision of a crew to ensure applications accuracy/timeliness
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive hourly wage (to be determined based on experience and other factors)
- Benefits package (medical, dental, vision, 401k, Employee Assistance Program, vacation, sick time, life insurance, + more); Pension Plan, 401k match up to 3%
- Drug-Free Workplace
Wilbur-Ellis is a company you can be proud to call your employer
Wilbur-Ellis markets and distributes agricultural products, animal feed and specialty chemicals and food ingredients. A privately held and consistently profitable company, we employ more than 4,000 people throughout North America and Asia-Pacific.
Wilbur-Ellis is for and about people
Wilbur-Ellis has enjoyed over ninety-three years of success and growth, all thanks to our people. Our employees are both leaders and team players who thrive on creativity, entrepreneurial spirit and a dedication to quality work, our customers and each other.
Wilbur-Ellis invests in the industry’s best workforce
Wilbur-Ellis invests heavily in our employees by offering skill development and training, competitive compensation and benefits and a tradition of promoting from within for a broad range of career opportunities. And we foster a supportive, people-first work environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)