ALS provides a broad range of testing and analytical services to a wide variety of end markets and industries around the globe. We continue to remain at the forefront of the testing services industry, building an enviable reputation.
The primary objective of this position is to execute and oversee the technical execution of ALS services to the power generation sector, requiring extensive development of the organization’s technical capability and sales and marketing effort in the sector. The position requires working directly with clients to scope and execute technical services and providing technical direction and oversight to ALS engineers, inspectors, metallurgists, and project managers. Additionally, this position will develop and maintain high-level relationships with relevant industry bodies (e.g. EPRI).
While the specific focus of the position is the power generation sector, the position will work across all end markets serviced by ALS.
The position will have responsibilities for ongoing client relationship management and technical development of staff.
Engineering and Metallurgy Consultancy and Service Provision
• Prepare comprehensive and detailed technical reports or investigations, which include recommendations for materials improvements and change within fields of expertise.
• Perform and/or review metallurgy failure analysis carried out by others.
• Assist with technical reports on projects and provide engineering recommendations.
• Manage small projects / outages as required.
• Direct and supervise technicians or engineers to undertake appropriate duties where required.
• Assist Project Managers to liaise with client representatives and provide technical solutions to client issues.
• In all activities, strive for the highest level of operational efficiency to ensure a profitable contribution to the business enterprise.
• Lead the development of a common technical consultancy approach to clients and prospects.
• Provide technical leadership, support and technical governance as required.
• Oversee and participate in mentoring junior engineers and other technical staff to ensure continued professional development.
Relationship Management / Business Development
• Monitor and assess market activity to contribute to business planning.
• Contribute to strategic proposals including technical scope, solutions, experience and expertise.
• Contribute to sales and marketing events and initiatives including industry conferences, technical seminars, webinars and digital marketing campaigns (e.g. social media).
• Liaise at the highest technical level with strategic clients and prospects, across the energy and resources sector across all ALS Industrial geographies to develop relationships, identify new business opportunities and develop technical scopes.
• Degree qualified in materials engineering / metallurgy or other equivalent qualifications.
• High-level technical experience and understanding of engineering services within the power generation sector.
• Experience in materials failure analysis with focus on life assessment of plant.
• A general understanding of non-destructive examination including applications of advanced inspection techniques.
• Experience in managing small work teams in a site based / outage environment.
• Experience directing technical staff to execute work including providing guidance, mentoring and providing feedback resulting in technical development of staff.
• Well-developed organizational, communication and report writing skills.
• Sound PC skills, proficient with MS Office software
• A commitment to safety, customer satisfaction and continuous improvement.
• Experience in the preparation of reports including compliance reports, proposals, client reports & technical reports.
• Sound knowledge and ability to implement relevant safety and environmental legislation and licensing conditions.
• Able to speak and hear clearly while communicating with staff, management, and clients;
• Able to sit, and/or stand for 100% of an 8 hour day;
• Dexterity in hands and fingers to operate computer and other equipment;
• Must have average vision and able to see to read reports and operate equipment.
We would like to thank everyone for their interest in ALS but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
'ALS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to achieving and maintaining a workforce which reflects and affirms the diversity of our society'
ALS is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
EOE AA Minority, Female, Veteran, Individuals with Disabilities
Click Here to view the EEO is the Law poster
Click Here to view the FMLA Law poster
Click Here to view the EPPA Law Poster
Click Here to view the Pay Transparency Provision
Click Here to view company E-Verify Participation Poster
Customer Relationship Management