Our insurance industry client is currently seeking a SVP/IT Director - Global IT Product Manager
for a full-time direct hire opportunity. Please reach out to Kevin Gorence ([ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to SVP/IT Director - Global IT Product Manager
) with any interest.
Location Options – Miami Florida, USA, Austin Texas, USA, Mexico, Argentina, Columbia, Brazil
Canidate must be Bilingual (English/Spanish)
What can you expect:
- Based either in US, Mexico or Argentina, etc., you will be a part of the senior global management IT team, leading a large number of Latam product- and delivery agile IT teams.
- Your focus will be to deploy many critical strategic business initiatives fundamentally changing the brokerage processes using technology. As such, you will be interacting with key members of the business-, operations- and IT-executive team to analyze, design, and implement innovative technologies using the agile implementation methodology.
- You will interact on all levels with the InBroker, Charles Taylor platform vendor to efficiently manage the whole platform lifecycle to ensure that the InBroker platform of choice will become a local, regional and Latam footprint for company.
- You will be responsible for leading up to 9 agile teams located in our USA and Latam locations managing a team of approx. five direct reports, 10-25 FTEs, and over 75 contractors defining an business and IT application reference model that will be used to rapidly deploy a Placement and Policy Broker and Operations Target Operating Model (TOM) using Technology.
- In collaboration with your direct reports, architects, and operational counterparts, you will define reusable IT products that can be rollout in a 'Build Once Deploy Many' approach to over 9 countries and over 100 brokerage/insurance products.
- As the portfolio director, you will partner with all stakeholders across the company, which requires you to be an outstanding communicator in both oral and written forms, conveying technical complex information and concepts in easily understood terms to business and operations partners.
- You will think strategically, critically, and creatively to present optimal solutions, roadmaps, and release management options across company's technology stack; therefore, you must possess deep technical expertise besides being an inclusive leader and developer of IT talent for the company.
We will count on you to:
- Develop and operationalize the portfolio's information technology strategy, recommending short-and long-term IT portfolio goals to business and operations leaders.
- Provide expert and strategic advice to members of the Operations & IT senior leadership team on all technology matters affecting the strategic portfolio
- Coach, mentor, and develop a team of IT professionals, leading them to meet or exceed the company's expectations for productivity, quality, and achievement, building innovative, cutting-edge IT solutions
- Create a workplace including company's diversity & inclusion objectives and create a diverse team that emphasizes the company's mission, vision, and guiding principles. Ensure that the group develops and lives a culture of collaboration with deep business alignment, accountability for outcomes, and focus on continuous improvements above and beyond the timeline of the portfolio itself
- Create a team that can drive transformational change and innovation while balancing and meeting business objectives in regards to the portfolio business case
- Ensure and meet all business strategies and process improvements using automation that enable growth and flexibility for years to come; ensure the health of the portfolio and all times putting the right processes in place for risk mitigation, and problem resolution
- Approve estimation of schedule, cost, and effort based on continuous stakeholder validations
- Develop long-term organizational plans to ensure early management of future projects and engage with all levels in the client organization to build and maintain relationships
- Review forecasts and quality reports to identify variances and takes corrective action when necessary
- Demonstrate a management style that encourages mentorship, teamwork, participation, and communication using a wide range of diverse leadership styles. Empower the teams to succeed and be a servant leader to assist in removing roadblocks.
- Manage all phases of multiple projects of very high significance by defining project structure, phasing, resource plans, and activity schedules
- Serve as the highest escalation point for significant problems and identifies and implements solutions at the earliest opportunity
What you need to have:
- Significant and substantial Agile delivery experience and mind-set and global stakeholder management
- Direct Agile delivery experience for large platforms such as InBroker platform
- Fluent in Spanish and English to comfortably speak, write and understand the language with ease.
- Willingness to travel substantially across all Latam countries in scope
- Substantial experience as a senior manager having managed extensive innovation or IT migration programs/portfolios
- Proven demonstration of leadership capabilities managing large teams, including the development of next-generation IT talent
- Ability to quickly create value within a fast-paced, complex work environment
- Superb portfolio, program management skills, with a demonstrated ability to prioritize a large number of tasks simultaneously to complete work on time
- Superior communication skills, oral and written
- Insurance/Finance experience preferred but not essential
- Master's or advanced education in a related field
- Ability to travel
What makes you stand out:
- Large scale direct Agile delivery experience for large platforms, ideally with low/no-code platforms
[ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to SVP/IT Director - Global IT Product Manager
- Business Alignment
- Stakeholder Management
- Release Management