Janssen Scientific Affairs, a member of Johnson & Johnson’s Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Director, Real World Value and Evidence, Pulmonary Hypertension (formerly Health Economics and Outcomes Research) located in South San Francisco, CA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Scientific Affairs, LLC is dedicated to providing medical information and consultative support to the Janssen pharmaceutical companies.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
In the current environment of U.S. healthcare with a prominent focus placed on efficiency and affordability, ensuring patient access to innovative treatments is of utmost importance, but increasingly challenging. In this challenging environment, the Real World Value & Evidence (RWV&E) organization must ensure we obtain robust payer insights, deliver unrivaled value evidence, be payer-centric, execute timely real world data analytics, and develop flawless and impactful communication of the value of Janssen’s innovations for payers and society.
In this position, the Director, Real World Value and Evidence, Pulmonary Hypertension will be responsible for leading market access scientific strategy, evidence generation, and dissemination plans for legacy Actelion portfolio of products. Other key responsibilities are as follows:
- Ensure real world evidence and market access scientific support requirements are understood and built-in to the US business plans with value propositions that reflect the needs of key payer stakeholders and lead scientific strategic planning for RWV&E activities to enable market access.
- RWV&E activities this role is held accountable for include but are not limited to: formulating key research questions, identifying key analytical questions to shape market access strategy, designing and conducting studies, planning and conducting market access analytics, managing publications, developing communication materials (e.g., Evidence & Access decks), and partnering with RWV&E FIELD to ensure effective and compliant communication to payer customers.
- Ensures projects are aligned to the Integrated Evidence Generation Plan (IEGP) and business needs and executed on time
- Collaborate with internal and external experts to prioritize and generate rigorous scientific data, and develop dissemination plans to support the therapeutic area’s IEGP
- Ensures compliance with regulatory, legal and commercial regulations (for example Contract Pricing Committee, Copy Approval Committee) in conducting research and dissemination of scientific information
- Collaborate with cross-functional business partners on scientific strategies to support market access for our products
- Directly initiate and manage research studies and other related projects
- Serve as subject matter, and functional area expert in responding to U.S-focused Health Technology/Value Assessments of our products by external organizations
- Ensure quality of design, execution, and publication of real-world evidence studies, and quality of models & tools developed for business partners
- Develop annual business plan budget, present to appropriate levels of management for approval, and manage budgeted funds appropriately
- Ensure quality in internal / external communications including: publications, training support of RWVE studies, and models and/or tools developed for the therapeutic area.
- Serve as a leader on assigned cross-functional franchise teams, with internal partners such as RWVE colleagues, Marketing, Medical Affairs, Strategic Customer Group, GCSO, Epidemiology, Government Affairs and Policy, other J&J Operating Companies as needed.
- A minimum of a Master’s degree in Public Health, Health Services Research, Economics, Epidemiology, Pharmacy, Health Policy, or a related discipline is required; a doctorate or other advanced degree is preferred.
Experience and skills:
- A minimum of 8-10 years of relevant research experience.
- Expertise in healthcare industry, clinical knowledge or practice across multiple therapeutic areas, medical reimbursement, technical expertise in economic evaluations or patient reported outcomes, including data analysis and statistics.
- Excellent in leadership skills, collaboration, influencing and communication (both written and presentation).
- Serve as a leader on the assigned cross-functional franchise teams pertaining to observational data or research, market access scientific strategy, payer insights/ data needs, etc.
- Experience in communicating technical data both internally and externally to non-technical audiences.
- Independent high- level planning and execution of research strategies.
- Solid experience in conducting Real World Evidence studies applying health economics, patient-reported outcomes, retrospective data analyses, epidemiology or health services research.
- Firm understanding of drug development process including health economic inputs needed to support the value proposition.
- Firm understanding of regulatory standards for approval and communication of data.
- Firm understanding of United States health care systems and customers; specifically understanding unique business models and perspectives.
- Firm understanding of the uses of evidence-based medicine and comparative effectiveness analyses for health policy decision-making.
- Up to 30% travel required mostly national with occasional international travel.
- Experience in developing and gaining management approval for value-based scientific strategies and tactics to meet both commercial and scientific objectives for a given product or therapeutic area.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-California-South San Francisco-
Actelion Pharmaceuticals US Inc (6252)
Health Economics R&D