To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Cumberland, MD 21502
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Accounting Associate I
CBIZ • Cumberland, MD
Posted 18 days ago
With over 100 offices and nearly 5,000 associates in major metropolitan areas and suburban cities throughout the U.S. CBIZ (NYSE: CBZ) delivers top-level financial and employee business services to organizations of all sizes, as well as individual clients, by providing national-caliber expertise combined with highly personalized service delivered at the local level. CBIZ has been honored to be the recipient of several national recognitions, including 2018 America's Best Mid-Size Employers by Forbes, 2018 Best Workplaces in Consulting & Professional Services by Great Place to Work® and FORTUNE, 2018 Workplace Excellence Seal of Approval by the Alliance for Workplace Excellence, and one of the Top 101 highest scoring companies in the country for Best and Brightest Companies to Work For in the Nation by the National Association for Business Resources.
CBIZ Benefits & Insurance Services is a division of CBIZ, Inc., providing benefits consulting, HRIS technology, payroll, human capital management, property and casualty, talent and compensation solutions, and retirement plan services to organizations of all sizes. By offering this range of services, we are able to help clients eliminate the inefficiencies associated with the use of multiple vendors. Ranked as a Top 20 Largest Broker of U.S. Business (Business Insurance Magazine) and a Top 100 Retirement Plan Adviser (PLANADVISER), we have approximately 1,500 professionals in 75 offices nationwide. Clients in a wide array of industries rely on us for national-caliber expertise and technical depth combined with highly personalized, local service.
Essential Functions and Primary Duties
- Performs direct bill and accounts receivable transactions
- Executes insurance company payable functions
- Functions as administrative liaison with internal and external clients
- May conduct research; produce reports
- Effectively operates all department equipment and software applications
- Execute administrative duties as assigned (including ordering supplies, obtaining signatures for checks, processing mail and filing)
- Additional responsibilities as reasonably assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field
- High School diploma or GED required
- 1 year of relevant work experience, preferably performing accounting-type functions in a deadline-driven environment
- Demonstrated attention to detail with basic math aptitude
- Proven time-management and multi-tasking skills preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of general business and accounting software preferred
- Working knowledge of Microsoft products (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to communicate verbally and in writing throughout all levels of an organization, both internally and externally
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently