Provides administrative support and resident care assistance on a nursing unit.KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
QualificationsMINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
- Prepares medical records for new admissions and discharged residents. Maintains and updates records to ensure accuracy. Send completed records to medical records upon discharge.
- Answers telephone and intercom in a polite and timely manner. Communicates information to appropriate personnel or family.
- Maintains communication board, noting admissions, discharges, and transfers.
- Maintains transportation log. Schedules outside resident visits as instructed.
- Maintains physician appointment log. Schedules resident’s doctor’s office visits as instructed.
- Transcribes physician’s orders on to the Kardex within one hour of being written. Documents medications on to Medication Analysis Record (MAR). Faxes orders to pharmacy. Notifies nursing staff appropriately of new, changed or discontinued orders.
- Obtains requested items from pharmacy, respiratory/medical supply, laboratory or other departments.
- Initiates necessary paperwork for in-house and out of facility transfers.
- Obtains appropriate nursing staff to assist residents/physicians in the care of the resident (i.e. answering phones, paging, answering call lights). Decisions made reflect knowledge of facts and good judgment within scope of practice.
- Communicates appropriately and clearly to nurse manager, team leader, co-workers and physicians.
- Consults with other departments, as appropriate, to provide for an interdisciplinary approach to meet resident’s needs.
- Interacts professionally with residents and their family members and provides thorough and clear explanations, as necessary and appropriate, and verbal reassurances, as appropriate.
- Performs all aspects of resident care in an environment that optimizes resident safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/ health care errors.
- Performs certified nursing assistant duties and other assignments as needed.
High school diploma or equivalent MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
One (1) year CNA experience required
Must possess a demonstrated working knowledge of medical transcription and terminology (i.e. physician’s orders, dietary orders, etc.). MINIMUM LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED BY LAW:
Active, current and unrestricted Certified Nursing Assistance certification in the appropriate state
Should be a certified nurse assistant in accordance with the laws of the issuing state. CPR certification. ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS: (Preferred qualifications)
Previous experience as a unit clerk and/or medical secretary in the healthcare field preferred. Data entry experience is preferred.
Must possess a demonstrated working knowledge of basic medical terminology.
Must be computer literate with at least a basic knowledge of computer operation, including the following software packages: Microsoft Office productsJob:
1st ShiftJob Posting:
Jun 2, 2020, 7:59:09 AM
Certified Nursing Assistant