Job ID: 366821
Based in Greensboro, North Carolina, Thompson-Arthur Paving and Construction, a CRH company, is a leading provider of high-quality asphalt paving services. In addition to paving services, we provide stone base construction, bridge construction, curb and gutter construction, site utilities, complete site development and sand products. We have been proudly serving the Triad area for over half a century. By being a part of the CRH family, we are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that come together to form CRH. CRH is the number one asphalt producer and paver, the largest aggregates producer and the second largest ready-mix producer in North America. We are also the number four cement producer in North America and a leader in Canada. CRH operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.Screed Operator Tired of browsing the classifieds? Job searches unsuccessful? Look no further, Thompson-Arthur Paving & Construction has the perfect career opportunity waiting for you! Job Description Summary
- Crew member essential to the application of asphalt on highways/private roadways/parking lots/ and driveways through the operation of screed controls.
- Operation of the asphalt paver making normal adjustments for obtaining proper depth, grade and finish cross section of asphalt material via screed extensions.
- Must partner with other crew members to apply asphalt per plan specifications and perform tasks of other positions as instructed by crew foreman to ensure daily schedules/estimates are met.
- May perform other related duties such as adding or removing screed extensions.
- May be required to use the following tools: brooms, pick, mattock, axe, brush hook, hammer, saw, pneumatic hammer/drill, tamps (both manual and power driven), sample saw, concrete saw, sledge hammer, as well as, other tools needed to complete jobs within specifications.
- Physical ability to operate equipment under temperature extremes and for extended hours of time. Normal shift is 8-12 hours.
- Attendance required according to company attendance policy to ensure crew is able to operate at normal efficiency level.
- Attitude/Cooperation: Must always maintain a courteous and professional manner with co-workers, customers, public.
- Ability to be flexible with last minute schedule changes, location changes, time of shift changes. Overtime work required. Out of town/county/state work may be required.
- Ability to adhere to personal protective equipment (PPE) policy and maintain individual PPE in a functional condition.
- Initiative to perform/assist with other positions for job completion.
What CRH Americas Offers You
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred, but not required.
About CRH Americas
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
Thompson-Arthur Paving and Construction is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Screed Operator- Greensboro / Burlington
Date Posted: Jan 14, 2023 Nearest Major Market:
Greensboro Job Segment:
Equipment Operator, Manufacturing
- Drilling Operations
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Earthworks Roads, Pavements And Highways