Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
As an Enterprise Architect at UnitedHealth Group, you will partner with both the lines of business and software delivery leadership to establish 3-year roadmaps that act as guides for achieving the long-term strategic plans of the enterprise. In this role, you will take on some of the toughest challenges facing our business and will act as a key consultant and guide in achieving our long-term strategy.
To know more about Optum Technology, [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Enterprise Architect - Multiple Locations.
- Ensuring capital programs stay aligned to Enterprise strategy while leveraging existing components and capabilities across the business segment landscape
- Modeling the technical landscape to analyze the alignment of business capabilities with delivered technology and IT solutions
- Analyzing the current technology environment to detect critical deficiencies and collaborating with Enterprise Architecture from other lines of business and development team architects to recommend solutions for improvement
- Communicating the value delivered by the Enterprise Architecture process by communicating outcomes and ongoing results
- Defining the principles that guide technology decisions for the segment
- Designing and leading the implementations of a Line of Business Technology Architecture (reference architecture) based on business requirements and IT strategies, as well as being a champion to rectify gaps and pain points within the current state. Influencing the development, communication and implementation of the enterprise technology architecture
- Building end-to-end solution plans in the form of roadmaps that define the ideal and future state systems solution, scope of solution initiatives, solution delivery sequencing through architecture transition states, and assumptions and risks
- Assisting with the governance activities associated with ensuring Enterprise Technology Architecture compliance
- Consulting on solution architecture implementations and modification activities (projects), particularly for new and / or shared solutions
- Actively participate in technical fit review activities for capital programs
- Facilitating change and process improvement within the architecture community
- Collaborating with quality teams to drive continuous improvement for technology solutions
- Identifying and communicating the segment organizational impact (for example, on skills, processes, org structures and culture) and financial impact of the Enterprise Technical Architecture
- Comply with the terms and conditions of the employment contract, company policies and procedures, and any and all directives (such as, but not limited to, transfer and/or re-assignment to different work locations, change in teams and/or work shifts, policies in regards to flexibility of work benefits and/or work environment, alternative work arrangements, and other decisions that may arise due to the changing business environment). The Company may adopt, vary or rescind these policies and directives in its absolute discretion and without any limitation (implied or otherwise) on its ability to do so
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 7+ years of overall IT or Software Engineering experience
- 5+ years of software development experience working on open source, commercially available software and/or Healthcare platforms
- 3+ years of experience in a large enterprise in an architectural role
- Experience with NoSQL, APIs, Big Data Technologies, NLP, MLP and Open Source Commercial grade highly scalable solutions
- Experience leading architecture using modern software engineering and product development tools including Agile, Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, DevOps, etc.
- Experience with multiple enterprise deployment options following Public and Private cloud paradigm
- Exposure to multiple, diverse technical configurations, technologies and processing environments
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related degree
- Experience overseeing and monitoring the work of others
- Global team experience
- Experience working with vendors in system selection, cost negotiation, and the development of service level agreements
- Ability to create a Startup mentality to accelerate the introduction of new capabilities and transform teams
- Knowledge of all components of technical architecture
- Ability to estimate the financial impact of technical architecture alternatives
- Hartford, CT; Basking Ridge, NJ; or Eden Prairie, MN
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Principal Enterprise Architect, Enterprise Architect, Enterprise Solution Architect, Principal Architect, Open Source, NoSQL, APIs, Big Data Technologies, NLP, MLP, IT, Software Engineer, Software Engineering, Software Development, Software Developer, Agile, CICD, DevOps, Hartford, CT, Connecticut, Basking Ridge, NJ, New Jersey, Eden Prairie, MN, Minnesota