The Co-Manager manages the day to day operation of Books-A-Million stores as a Manager On-Duty in conjunction with the management team members to maximize sales and customer service, and oversees the execution of the Merchandising plan to maintain compliance and store standards.
- Maximizes profits and customer service by operating the store in adherence with all store policies and guidelines.
- Monitoring the quality of the products served as well as the quality of customer service.
- Trains and develops associates and managers in all areas of Cafe.
- Ordering and maintaining adequate stock levels.
- Maintaining café standards to comply with policies, directives, and Local Health Department Statutes.
- Works with the Management team to achieve a grade of “B” or higher on each Store Appraisal Report.
- Ensure customer satisfaction on a day-to-day basis.
- Maintain a self-development program to improve knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Ensuring that all customers are greeted, invited back, and satisfied with their purchases.
- Customer complaints are handled to a satisfactory conclusion.
- Maintaining all aspects of the store’s operational requirements in order to ensure that exemplary customer service standards are achieved daily.
- Sales, payroll, inventory, merchandising and housekeeping functions at all times.
- Supervise the baristas to achieve maximum sales and profits
- Responsible for all Store Appraisal Report items which directly relate to the Cafe.
- Co-Managers follow the 3 or 4 Manager Rotation schedule, depending on the number of managers in the stores.
- Attends one District Meeting each year.
Ensure Financial Integrity
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Job ID: 1964/1185/2676
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Founded in 1917 as a street corner newsstand in Florence, Alabama, Books-A-Million, Inc. has grown to become the premier book retailing chain in the Southeastern United States, and the second largest book retailer in the nation. Based in Birmingham, Alabama, the company currently operates more than 260 stores in 32 states. In addition to its primary retail component, the corporation includes a book wholesale and distribution subsidiary, American Wholesale Book Company, an e-commerce division operating as BOOKSAMILLION.COM, and an internet development and services company, NetCentral, in Nashville, Tennessee.
View the full profile