Are you looking for more?
At Mohawk Industries, we’re committed to more – more customer solutions, more process improvements, more sustainable manufacturing and more opportunities for our team.
As a Fortune 500, global flooring leader with some of the best-known brands in the industry, Mohawk is a great place to start or develop your career with an emphasis on more of what’s important to you. Whether you want to lead more, innovate more, learn more or create more, you can find your more with Mohawk.
Leads and implements machine optimizations, process improvements and provides troubleshooting support by utilizing advanced automation engineering environments.
Major Functions and Scope:
Knowledge, Experience and Competencies:
- Ensures compliance with all company safety rules and procedures
- Leads manufacturing system integrations for shopfloor systems for tooling management, autonomous vehicles and vision systems
- Provides new code development, standardization and roll-out support for machine automation changes
- Manages automation process changes from conception to end-user signoff and tracks metrics to determine level of success
- Provides support and develops standards for PC systems hardware for automation engineering environments
- Leads and supports the departmental standardization of automation engineering software packages
- Leads and plans TPMs for autonomous vehicles and their support equipment
- Assigned to a manufacturing processes and is directly responsible for equipment optimizations, machine and technical team performance
- Plan technical coverage for new process deployments, projects and TPM activities per assigned assets
- Delegate work orders in SAP
- Research and order parts in SAP
- Plans, assists, documents, implements and trains on troubleshooting methods, process improvement techniques, devices and their use
- Plans and participates in department TPM activities
- Provides accurate and immediate hands on troubleshooting and repair of manufacturing equipment including afterhours support
- Interacts professionally and effectively with many different types of people at different levels, both internal and external to the organization
- Ensures that information is clearly communicated and understood by all parties
- Performs other related duties as required
- Capable of working all hours/shifts/roles as needed
- Formal training and practical experience in an industrial manufacturing setting as an Electro-Mechanical Technician, Engineering Technician or Automation Technician/Specialist
- 6 years’ experience in an automated manufacturing environment
- 1 years’ experience with IT based production systems
- 5 years’ PLC programming
- 3 years’ experience leading projects or direct supervisory experience
- Strong leadership ability
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization
- Excellent analytical and problem solving abilities with exceptional attention to detail
- Proficient with advanced PLC programming and troubleshooting
- Technology and automation minded, with a strong understanding of pneumatics, hydraulics, motors, AC/DC Electricity, gearboxes, robotics and tools.
- Sound understanding of and ability to utilize VFDs
- Apply working knowledge to implement and improve TPM methods for efficiency improvements
- Able to work with minimal supervision on various projects from conception to completion
- Ability to interpret and produce technical reports, electrical drawings and schematics
- Ability to work quickly and accurately under stress when equipment is down
- Capable of hands-on electrical and mechanical troubleshooting and repair for manufacturing equipment. Requiring LOTO, hands-on diagnostic ability and appropriate use of hand tools
- Must be able to provide technical assistance outside of normal business hours
Mohawk Industries is a leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Daltile, Durkan, IVC, Karastan, Marazzi, Mohawk, Mohawk Home, Pergo, and Quick-Step. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/veteran committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don’t Work participant.
- Attention To Detail
- Business Process Improvement
- Construction Toolkits