Seattle MainProject Location(s):
Seattle, WA 98134 USAMinimum Years Experience:
Bachelors DegreeJob Family:
Position Description: Manage, evaluate and assess information necessary to construct the project on time, within budget and to the quality specified by the contract documents. Has supervisory responsibility for Assistant Engineers, Engineering Assistants, and Interns. The Engineer is the individual on the project responsible for building the overall project “on paper”.
Reports to: Project Engineer, Project Manager or Project Executive
Essential Duties & Responsibilities*: Lead responsibility for:
- Acting as liaison with Architects, Subcontractors, Consultants, Suppliers, Inspectors and other Turner job staff and Owner's Representatives in resolving issues related to plans and specifications.
- Overseeing and making decisions related to contract drawings and subcontract information. Ensuring that all drawings and specifications properly relate to the estimate.
- Managing the project budget.
- Managing submittals and shop drawings. Assessing conformance to contract specifications. Resolving any conflicts in interpretation.
- Negotiating Change Orders. Managing information on changes in the Work; preparing an independent analysis, as require; obtaining and checking estimates for the changes from subcontractor; obtaining approval of the Architect and Owner; and resolving any conflicts.
- Overseeing the close-out process. Preparing final records for the project such as Requests for Information (RFI's), close-out records, warranties, as-builts, Operations and Maintenance manuals (O&Ms), attic stock, and spare parts, and evaluating information to insure compliance with contract documents.
- Supervising Assistant Engineers, Engineering Assistants, Plan Clerks and Interns, including providing input on performance appraisals.
- Preparing Scope of Work documents for trades.
- Developing reports such as General Conditions Items, labor, safety, Change Order logs and Quality Control.
- Scheduling and managing subcontractor trade coordination meetings, preconstruction meetings and submittal review meetings.
Qualifications: Bachelor's degree plus a minimum of six years' related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience. Proven written and verbal communication abilities; proficiency with computer applications, including Microsoft Office Suite. Utilizes leading-edge technologies such as Building Information Modeling (BIM) and LEAN. Ability to read, understand and interpret contract documents, drawings, specifications, scopes of work and project schedule. Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is sometimes exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to airborne particles or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to very loud.
*May perform other duties as necessary or assigned.
Turner is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Turner is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer - minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
- Submittals (Construction)
- Shop Drawing
- Verbal Communication