To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Patuxent River, MD
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Create an Account with CareerBuilder to save jobs & unlock these great features
See similar job titles and skills to help you make your next move
Upload a resume and become visible to Hiring Managers and Employers
Compare Salary Information to see where you stand amongst your peers
Easily Quick Apply to jobs with just one click!
Email Send Failed!
Chenega Corporation • Patuxent River, MD
Posted 1 month ago
Experience - 3 years
Degree - High School
Other Great Industries
CHENEGA WORLDWIDE SUPPORT Company Job Title: Construction Manager Clearance: Secret Clearance Location: Pax River, MD Reports To: Program Manager FLSA Status: Exempt, Full Time Summary:
- The Construction Manager will assist the customers field offices relating to Construction Engineering and Project Management for various Projects
- Review pre-final contract drawings and specifications (including technical RFPs) with respect to constructability and compatibility with actual field conditions
- Assist in coordinating mandatory post-award contract meetings such as post-award kickoff meetings (as applicable), preconstruction conferences, (informal or formal) partnering meetings, schedule acceptance meeting, design review meetings (as applicable), coordination and mutual understanding meeting, LEED coordination meetings (as applicable), facility turnover planning meetings Customer’s Red Zone), and final inspections
- Assist and recommend acceptance/rejection of contractor administrative submittals such as schedules (both bar charts and networks), environmental protection plan, design and construction quality control plan, health and safety plan, accident prevention plan; and coordinate review and approval of technical 'Government-approved ' submittals such as shop drawings, product data, samples, design data, manufacturer's instructions, test plans/reports, certificates, and O&M data in a timely manner
- Assist in managing the contractor Requests for Information (RFIs) and ensuring timely responses
- For design-build projects, ensuring effective communication and coordination between the project manager, design manager, contract specialist, contractor, project technical team, client, and others as appropriate. The post-award responsibility to drive the design-build project including design acceptance lies primarily with the CM
- Assist in monitoring available project budget and time constraints, including relevant cost and schedule growth metrics, and initiating appropriate planning and corrective action as necessary to ensure funding thresholds and impacts to operational needs are not exceeded. Incumbent must possess a keen understanding of schedules utilizing network analysis and the potential impact of modifications to the critical path
- Routinely visiting construction sites to monitor progress and soliciting daily input from the Engineering Technician/Quality Assurance (ET/QA) representatives and CQC reports; and attending QC meetings including preparatory meetings involving critical work activities. Take necessary action to assure contractor's quality control program is provided in accordance with the contract requirements and that three phases of quality control are being utilized
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma/GED required
- 3 years DoD experience in the review pre-final contract drawings and specifications (including technical RFPs) with respect to constructability and compatibility with actual field conditions
- 2 years’ experience reviewing submittals such as schedules (both bar charts and networks), environmental protection plans, design and construction quality control plans, health and safety plans, accident prevention plans; and coordination’s for review and approval of technical 'Government-approved ' submittals such as shop drawings, product data, samples, design data, manufacturer's instructions, test plans/reports, certificates, and O&M data
- 1 year LEED experience
- Experience in preparing property record inventory documents, DD 1354 Transfer and Acceptance of Military Real Property, in accordance with the customer’s Business Management System (BMS) and in coordination with IPT Project Managers and Installation Real Property Accountable Officer (RPAO)
- Experience in Construction Engineering and Management
- Secret Clearance required
- Strong knowledge in Construction Engineering and Management
- Ability to travel.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- The employee will normally work in a temperature-controlled office environment, with frequent exposure to electronic office equipment.
- During visits to areas of operations, may be exposed to extreme cold or hot weather conditions. Is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and loud noise.
Job ID: 1900000292
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Created
Well, this is embarrassing. We are having trouble saving your search. You can try again or come back at a later time.