Lead Estimating & Cost Control Specialist
Petroplan is currently recruiting a Lead Estimating and Cost Control Specialist to join a diversified downstream energy company with assets in petroleum refining, logistics, renewable fuels.
The Lead Estimating and Cost Control Specialist will be a subject matter expert (SME) and will provide guidance and support in estimating and cost control aspects of capital spend. This role will report directly to Senior Leadership, supporting all company segments and business units. This role will collaborate with estimating and cost control resources across the company.
- Ensures projects establish credible estimates and cost reporting structure appropriate for best practices based on scope, complexity, project development and execution
- Collaborate with and guiding other cost control and estimating resources across the company on policies, procedure, and workflow
- Aids segments and individual project teams by supporting: securing the right resource(s) for estimating and cost control efforts; mentoring, coaching and training those less experienced or knowledgeable project professionals; interface with leadership when appropriate for insight on issues, concerns, or instill confidence on estimating efforts; auditing estimates in such a manner to influence or direct credibility, control, and success
- Identify estimating and cost control metrics, and implement roll out of metrics for reporting across all segments, in a systemic manner, helping and not overwhelming those responsible for reporting, and ensuring training with understanding
- Lead and facilitate estimate reviews across company at various stages of project development and execution to ensure alignment and success; this accountability could be leading and facilitating or ensuring a 3rd party is providing this support
- Champion conducting lessons learned and continuous improvement sessions for estimating and cost controls
- Works closely with planning and scheduling SME to deliver balance between cost and schedule aspect of project and portfolio management
- Participates in meetings for key projects and quarterly portfolio discussions as support to capital governance around estimating and cost control efforts
- Collaborate with accounting and project directors to establish and document improved work breakdown hierarchy allowing functionality across all segments and alignment with asset allocation needs and project cost structures
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Finance, Accounting or related areas
- Seven or more years of project control experience with a strong background in estimating.
- Project size experience, small and large efforts of estimating and cost controls,
- Project complexity, highly complex (with a simplicity in approach)
- Project type, experience with estimating and cost controls for infrastructure projects (buildings, power upgrades, etc.), refining or similar production improvement related project (debottleneck or expansion), enterprise wide migration projects (SAP enhancements, accounting migrations to new systems, and similar)
- Demonstrated experience with contractor estimating and cost controls as well as owner's needs for estimating and cost controls, and knowledge for merging these together for success of the project. Experience with contractor estimating to include best practices, and proven ability in recommending improvements when needed for project success
- Ability to successfully prioritize and complete multiple tasks, collaborating with diverse teams
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint)
- Proficient in the use of SAP
- Experience with estimating programs such as Timberline, Aspen Tech, etc.
- Excellent communication skills, in both oral and written forms, with all levels of the organization including Executive Management, vendors and contractors
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects in over forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national corporations, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information on how Petroplan can help you, please feel free to visit our About Us page here; URL blocked - click to apply
Coaching And Mentoring