To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Merritt Island, FL 32953
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Engineer III - Electrical
CH2M & Jacobs • Merritt Island, FL
Posted 11 hours ago
Jacobs Technology provides overall management and implementation of ground systems capabilities, flight hardware processing and launch operations at NASA's Kennedy Space Center in Florida. These tasks will support the International Space Station, Ground Systems Development and Operations, and the Space Launch System, Orion Multi-Purpose Crew Vehicle and Launch Services programs.
- Provide practical application of engineering skills to perform flight and ground system electrical engineering projects that that meet stakeholder expectations, system functional requirements and NASA program requirements.
- The successful candidate will support senior staff with electrical Ground Support Equipment (GSE) and Ground Support Systems (GSS), and /or flight sub-systems to include AC/DC power distribution, command, control and monitoring, instrumentation, lightning protection, and grounding systems.
- Prepare conceptual design packages, system requirements, technical assessments, cost estimates, operation and maintenance document packages, and assist with startup, operation, maintenance, and troubleshooting electrical and mechanical GSE/GSS.
- Completes projects by training and guiding technicians.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Mentors junior engineers to develop their skills and knowledge.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Experience troubleshooting mechanical, electrical and control systems is highly desirable
- Operational experience with Human-Machine Interfaces (HMI) applications is required and working experience with HMI on platforms such as PanelView Graphic Terminals and Windows Desktop solutions is highly desirable
- Operational systems experience with software applications such as Labview, C ,Ladder Logic, JAVA, RS View and Allen Bradley PLC's/RSLogix is highly desirable
- Operational system experience with Rockwell Software FactoryTalk and Rockwell Automations series 1756 Controls Hardware and ControlLogix PLC's is highly desirable
- Operational experience with fiber optics and communication protocols such as DeviceNet, ControlNet and EtherNet/lP is highly desirable
- Operational experience with maintenance applications such as AccuRev, & ClearQuest is a plus
- Ability to read electrical schematics, drawings, and specification charts is a must
- Excellent oral and written communication skills is a must
- Experience working as a member of a formal team and able to function as such immediately
- Must be able to present information to upper management and customers
- Must have the ability to work with minimal supervision and only general guidance
- Must have the ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance, if necessary
- Will be required to climb stairs in order to access equipment for trouble shooting.
- Will be required to wear hearing protection, eye protection and other associated personal protective equipment.
- Position may involve extended periods of sitting or standing.
- Physical requirements are: sitting, walking, standing, extensive use of stairs, and access to remote structures.
- Position is located on a hazardous testing facility; must be able to quickly evacuate buildings in the event of an emergency.
- Will be required to work inside and outside throughout the test complex.
- Position may require daily individual to travel to different areas on site.
- Walking on uneven terrain including paved areas, gravel/rocks, and dirt/sand is required to access various locations on the facility.
- Climbing ladders and platforms may be necessary.
- All work must be completed in a safe manner in accordance with NASA and Company
- safety standards.
Equipment and Machines
- Computers and printers used for producing reports and schedules.
- Variety of equipment used in testing.
- Full-time regular work hours between Monday-Friday.
- Position may require occasional overtime including weekend work depending on task.
- Must be dependable and punctual.
- Shift work may be required.
Other Essential Functions
- Must be able to accurately communicate ideas in writing and verbal communication.
- Must be able to travel to support position requirements. This may include travel to and from customer location, which may involve airline travel. In some cases, accommodations can be made for POV, if necessary.
- Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.
- Must comply with all drug free workplace requirements as mandated by directives issued by the appropriate federal contracting officer and the company, which requires drug testing for use of illegal drugs by employees in sensitive positions.
- Government security clearance may be required in the future.
- Must maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner that fosters good relations with customers, clients, co-workers, and management.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
Jacobs leads the global professional services sector delivering solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
With $15.0 billion in combined revenue and a talent force more than 77,000 strong, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of services including scientific, technical, professional, construction- and program-management for business, industrial, commercial, government and infrastructure sectors.
For more information, visit web address removed>