Job Title: Functional Analyst – Human Resources Specialist (Navy) (ID#14460)
Location: Defense Health Headquarters, Falls Church, VA
The services provided under this contract support the Defense Health Agency’s (DHA) requirement for a strengthened and robust full-service Military Personnel Support Division (MPSD), equipped to provide the full array of human resources (HR) support services across multiple functional disciplines and programs. Specifically, this position advises on and performs all facets of the Navy Human Resources program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Advises on all facets of Navy personnel assignments, transfers, evaluations, promotions, separations, policies, procedures, in/out processing, leave, etc.
- Assists with Navy Human Resources programs for the Resources and Management (J-1), Military Personnel Support Division such as: Navy Enlisted and Officers promotions, Enlisted and Officers evaluations, in/out-processing; updating records; records management; and Navy HR Information Systems such as Fleet Management and Planning System (FLTMPS), Navy Standard Integrated Personnel System (NSIPS) - Administrative view and Command Leave Administrator, Navy Family Accountability and Assessment System (NFAAS) and Bupers-On-Line (BOL).
- Promotes the establishment and achievement of Navy personnel management objectives throughout the Defense Health Agency and assists in implementing Department of Defense and applicable Navy policies.
- Provides staff level support services to various levels within the Defense Health Agency. Advises the Chief, MPSD leadership on Navy personnel issues; prepares division-level briefs; ensures the Agency’s human resources personnel database is updated; monitors All Navy (ALNAV) and Navy Administrative (NAVADMIN) messages.
- Recognizes problem areas, coordinates with team to implement solutions to routine issues, and provides on-site assistance and recommendations in the areas of program compliance. Provides advice to the MPSD Navy Team Lead and/or Chief, MPSD on manpower management functions for Navy positions on Activity Manpower Document (AMD) to include analysis of military position structures and determination of proper grades and Navy Enlisted Classification and Officer Designators.
- Maintains familiarity with career patterns and military specialties to ensure Directorates and Special Staff are authorized the proper personnel for mission accomplishment. Makes recommendations to the MPSD Navy Team Lead and/or Chief, MPSD in regards to the impact on authorization concerning reorganization, or change in qualification requirements for Navy personnel.
- Serves as the HR team member on special projects or comprehensive studies to identify and examine problems or operating issues that may impact our Navy personnel within the DHA. As required, provides onsite staff assistance. Identifies issues with established approaches to resolve recurring problems and/or issues.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- At least 4-6 years of Navy HR experience required.
- Prior or current Navy service strongly preferred.
- High school diploma required, bachelor’s degree preferred.
- At least three years of experience in an on-site Department of Defense contracting environment required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Proficient in:
- Fleet Management and Planning System (FLTMPS)
- Navy Standard Integrated Personnel System (NSIPS) - Administrative view and Command Leave Administrator
- Navy Family Accountability and Assessment System (NFAAS)
- Bupers-On-Line (BOL)
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team consisting of contractor, civilian and military personnel.
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment while continuously communicating with team members.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have in-depth knowledge of Air Force human resources systems, actions, processes and standards.
- Ability to work under a federal contract supporting a DoD client, especially in the handling of sensitive but unclassified client information required.
- Familiarity with the Military Health System (MHS) and DHA desired.
- Secret clearance desired, Public Trust required.
- Climate-controlled office during normal business hours.
With $400 million in annual revenue, 20% growth per year, approximately 950+ active contracts serving 60+ government agencies in 25 countries, 47 states, 2 territories and 2000+ employees, Cherokee Nation Businesses’ (CNB) group of Federal Contracting Section 8(a) companies is well positioned to deliver expertise needed to solve complex technical issues. Federal Solutions provides an array of services for 12 of the 15 cabinet-level departments and agencies – from applications and data services to cybersecurity and national defense.
Why consider Cherokee Nation and our Federal Solutions business? Here are some great resources highlighting what we do and compelling reasons for joining our team!
URL blocked - click to apply
URL blocked - click to apply
URL blocked - click to apply
Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, gender identity and sexual orientation. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please copy and paste the links to the following two sites: URL blocked - click to apply | URL blocked - click to apply
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may email “Email blocked - click to apply” for assistance. This email address is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the application process or status.
For Pay Transparency Non Discrimination provision, please copy and paste the following link: URL blocked - click to apply
We maintain an Affirmative Action Plan for the purpose of proactively seeking employment and advancement for qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Upon request, we will schedule time to make our Affirmative Action Plan accessible. If you are interested, please submit a written request with the email subject line: 2018 Request to View Affirmative Action Plan to the Compliance Administrator at “Email blocked - click to apply”
This email box is not for resumes or follow up on job applications.