To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Dover, DE 19901
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Territory Sales Manager - Dover, DE
CRH Americas Materials • Dover, DE
Posted 1 month ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Job ID: 150771
Pennsy Supply is a CRH company. CRH is the leading vertically integrated supplier of asphalt, aggregates, cement, ready-mix concrete, and paving and construction services in North America. Our 24,100 employees at 1,300 operating locations provide our customers with top-quality, innovative products and services.
This individual is responsible to lead, direct, and support Outside Sales and Customer Service focusing on business on our Business Fundamentals: (1) Develop People, (2) Satisfy Customers, (3) Communication, (4) Knowing and Controlling Costs, and (5) Growing our Business.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Adhere to and follow all safety rules and regulations of OSHA/MSHA and Pennsy Supply
- Conduct daily safety assignments (area inspections, pre-shifts, JSA’s, TRACK, etc).
- Prepare the company’s marketing plan and is responsible for implementing and supervising its development in the marketplace. This includes both a short-term business plan and a long-term strategic business plan for the various areas of responsibility.
- Identify the best-qualified candidates for open positions when required. Foster an environment for employees that are centered on the team and the role each employee plays on the team in meeting their job expectations.
- Continuously coach and mentor team members. Focus on providing formal and informal training as it relates to their job function.
- Create an individual development plan for each direct report. The plan should highlight expectations of their position, areas of concentration and review, and the individual should be reviewed on performance on a quarterly basis. Specific training programs should be created or administered based around the individual needs as it relates to their expectations.
- Define our customers’ needs and create specific measures within each department that relate directly to a satisfied customer (must be measurable on a daily or weekly basis).
- Perform market segmentation activities so that each department is aware of our core customers and how to meet and exceed specific customer expectations.
- Hold and direct staff meetings on a regular basis with direct reports to discuss issues and resolve problems. Hold regular department-wide meetings to discuss issues and resolve problems. Work toward unity between departments of the Customer Support Group.
- Visit all operating plants (stone depots) and personnel on a monthly basis. Work to ensure that everyone in the field understands our direction and strategy. Help to create “buy-in” from all stakeholders so that all work toward the same common goal.
- Have regular conversations with key stakeholders to provide updates of sales activities (significant jobs, etc.) and any other Customer Support issues.
- Know the financial data for your areas of responsibility. Expect to produce information on a regular basis as requested by your management and other members of the executive management team.
- Maintain productive working relationship with customers & fellow employees. Establishes professional customer/vendor relationships with appropriate customer personnel, i.e, estimators, job superintendents, purchasing, quality assurance, management, other key personnel
- Establish the company as the preferred vendor by providing differential value between our company and the competition
- Solicit/secure opportunities to price jobs and gather orders from existing customers by means of personal visits, telephone conversation, or written communication
- Identify new markets and targets specific accounts and prospects to meet or exceed sales objectives
- Makes use of association meetings, community activities, and social events to foster positive working relationships with those in the business community
- Possess a working knowledge of all software used by the various areas of responsibility and be able to produce measurable data using the reports generated by the software systems.
- Other duties as assigned
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- Demonstrate friendly and business-like attitude towards vendors, customers, truck drivers, fellow employees and supervisors.
- Become a team member and help achieve the common goals of the company.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Able to work independently with attention to detail
- Able to follow direction and work effectively in a team environment
- Able to create (and work effectively in) a team environment
- Able to respond to stressful situations and customers in a professional manner
- Ability to effectively prioritize assignments to meet long-term and short-term deadlines
- Excellent organizational skills
- Able to write reports, document findings, and procedures, and to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public
- Able to work various times during day, night or weekend hours, at various locations
- Able to have set-up knowledge and to show leadership qualities
- Regular and predictable attendance
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or one or more years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Able to effectively communicate in verbal and written form to employees, management, executives, and clients
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format.
- Excellent phone etiquette, speaking voice and professional appearance
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Able to interpret an extensive variety of instructions in mathematical, written or oral form
- Able to deal with several abstract and concrete variables
- Must have the ability to handle stressful situations as they arise.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include
What CRH Americas Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
Pennsy Supply is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.