$55000.00 to $65000.00 yearly
Seeking a full-time Staff Accountant position with a terrific company? Hoping to advance your career while receiving strong compensation and excellent benefits? If you're looking for work as a Staff Accountant, you'll be interested in Robert Half's opportunity for ambitious and detail-oriented candidates to join a thriving, fast-paced company that recognizes talent and effort. This is a challenging, multi-faceted opportunity in the San Antonio, Texas area, at a company where effort is rewarded. In this role, you will prepare journal entries, monthly and year-end closings, bank reconciliation, fixed asset maintenance, and general ledger reconciliation and be responsible for many aspects of internal reporting during the monthly close. This role is a great opportunity for someone who wants to participate in compliance, interact with our external auditors for quarterly reviews and annual audits, and review schedules reporting processes. Those with a complex understanding of Financial Statements, Cash Flow projections, and Budgets are preferred.
- Ensures reconciliations and journal entries are completed within the closing schedule time-line by coordinating with other accounting staff members.
- Calculate variances form the budget and report material issues to management.
- Maintain internal controls within the organization.
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures.
- Monitors and reconciles general ledger accounts to include researching and resolving outstanding entries notifying manager and CFO of possible issues or losses.
- Reconciles the intercompany accounts for all companies. Analyzes and records the associated intercompany entries and insures payment of said accounts.
- Participates in training and coaching for department cross training.
- Oversee accounts payable processes to pay vendors according to terms.
- Experience with cost accounting in a manufacturing environment advantageous.
- Responsible for coordinating day-to-day operations of other staff within the team to ensure deadlines are met.
- Review and understand the month end results along with communication to the accounting team possible areas of concern.
- Commitment to continuous improvement.
- Assists with gathering and providing requested documentation for the external auditors. Performs other duties as required.
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field
- 2 years accounting experience – preferably in construction with job cost experience
- Strong working knowledge of accounting principles
- Outstanding organizational, written and verbal communication skills required
- Be detailed, flexible, and organized
- Ability to prioritize work and balance multiple projects and deadlines
- Knowledgeable in Viewpoint, HCSS, Excel and Word
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Staff Accountant and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Robert Half will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Staff Accountant for more information.
- Accounts Payable
- Asset Management
- Attention To Detail
- Bank Reconciliation