To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Create an Account with CareerBuilder to save jobs & unlock these great features
See similar job titles and skills to help you make your next move
Upload a resume and become visible to Hiring Managers and Employers
Compare Salary Information to see where you stand amongst your peers
Easily Quick Apply to jobs with just one click!
Email Send Failed!
Operations Associate I
Eastern Bank • Boston, MA
Posted 1 month ago
Experience - 0 to 4 years
Degree - High School
Banking - Financial Services
When you join Eastern Bank, you join the largest and oldest mutual bank in the country. We pride ourselves in having knowledgeable and experienced professionals that can provide the expertise, personal attention and service our customers deserve.
As the fourth-largest full-service commercial bank in Greater Boston, we are able to offer you unique opportunities for career growth throughout the organization, as well as a competitive compensation and benefits program.
As an inclusive company, we work to ensure that our valued employees are treated fairly, recognized for their individuality, and encouraged to reach their fullest potential. These values have earned us a reputation as a great place to work and provide a strong reason why you should consider a career with us.
Maintains primary responsibility for all operational elements of a small to mid-sized banking office by:
- Managing the branch cash vault to within prescribed limits and serving as the vault custodian. Must master the use of the bank’s cash forecasting system.
- Serving as the branch’s ATM custodian; ensures it remains stocked, functional, and is balanced daily.
- Auditing all negotiable instruments, cash drawers, foreign currency (if applicable) and related logs to ensure adherence to defined policies and procedures.
- Responsible for all operational components in the branch such as balancing and researching cash errors, filing necessary BSA forms, compliance and security elements
- Stays abreast of all compliance and security requirements and implements processes within the branch to ensure regular adherence.
- Routinely reviews new account opening documentation, to include some that is more complex (i.e. corporate resoutions, business customer profiles, businesses designated as high-risk, etc.) to ensure adherence to bank policies and procedures
- Incumbents in this position are skilled in both sales and transactional capacities and personally service all customers by:
- Opening deposit accounts and taking loan applications for various lending units
- Closing consumer loans
- Making referrals to other bank business lines and third party partners
- Handling routine account maintenance and other servicing issues
- Processing monetary transactions such as cashing checks, making deposits, selling monetary instruments, buying/selling foreign currency, processing credit card cash advances
- Maintaining safe deposit records properly to include contracts, access slips and assisting customers with access to safe deposit boxes (if applicable)
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Two to four years of related job experience required
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Basic business acumen and professionalism required
- Individual should be an outgoing self-starter
- Technically literate in a MS Windows environment
- Strong interpersonal skills and a desire to be in the ‘customer service’ business
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to build relationships and strong alliances across the organization
Job ID: 03845