KellyMitchell matches the best IT and business talent with premier organizations nationwide. Our clients, ranging from Fortune 500 corporations to rapidly growing high-tech companies, are exceptionally served by our 1500+ IT and business consultants. Our industry is growing rapidly, and now is a great time to launch your career with the KellyMitchell team.
Title: Full Stack XP Developer - Junior
Job Description & Responsibilities
- Most developers are also skilled in DevOps, including systems administration-style work such as scripting deploys and setting up continuous integration.
- Pairing developers with other experienced team members ensures training and knowledge transfer is happening as efficiently as possible without risking the quality of the development.
This role drives quality delivery through:
- Utilizing Paired programming
- Leveraging Test-Driven Development
- Daily interactions and open communication channels with you and your Product Manager
- Participation in Iteration Planning, Stand-up and Retrospective meetings
- Able to facilitate diverse teams, multi-task, and work under pressure to meet aggressive schedule targets
- Able to work effectively across organizational and geographical boundaries
- Demonstrate technical skills and aptitude needed to meet/exceed delivery velocity expectations as a full stack developer
- Actively learn different technologies as needed for delivery of stories
- Adhere to company practices (for example, pair programming and test-driven development) and hold others accountable for the same
- Deliver on all phases of development work from initial kick-off, technical setup, application development, and support
- Serve as a leader in all dimensions of the work: people, process, technology
- Embrace approach of making collaborative, fast, local decisions; then course correct as/if needed (test/learn/iterate)
- Active participation in regular meetings (e.g., site standup, product team standup, iteration planning meeting, retrospective, lunch & learns)
- Actively work to transfer knowledge of company practices and technical skills to other people (including delivery areas) to grow adoption
- Provide meaningful/thoughtful feedback on others as requested
- Receive constructive criticism and take necessary steps to improve where/when needed
- If there is bench time, leverage it to work on any assigned projects and/or for self-study to advance technical skills
- Developed code should promote principles of 12 factor apps, availability, scalability, maintainability and security
- Maintain positive outlook in handling continuous change and bring a sense of urgency in driving positive change at the firm (innovation, faster time to market, improved quality)
- Embrace an organization model that is self-directed / self-managed as a team and as individuals
- Satisfy all administrative-type requirements such as Prism timesheets, HR timesheets, performance management process, annual compliance, security training, etc.
Skills, Experiences, Knowledge
- You are entrepreneurial with a strong inclination towards action and leadership in ambiguous situations
- You are passionate about technical topics such as computer languages and frameworks, mobility and Internet of Things.
- You can translate complex user stories into a good technical code and deliver it effectively.
- You’re ready to judge your success by the success of your team and the happiness of your customers.
- 1-2+ years technology development and implementation experience.
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies (especially Agile XP), including paired programming and test driven development.
- Spring Framework
- AnjularJS or ReactJS
- MySQL or MongoDB
- Familiarity with the following is a plus:
- Undergraduate degree in software engineering or computer science.
Produce Clean Code