To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Nashville, TN 37201
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Messer Construction Co. • Nashville, TN
Posted 1 month ago
Messer Construction Co. is an award-winning construction manager and general contractor that provides leadership for complex commercial building projects. An employee-owned company, Messer now stands as one of the nation’s leading health care and higher education builders. Messer’s footprint has grown to nine regional offices located across the Midwest and Southeast: Raleigh & Charlotte, North Carolina; Columbus, Cincinnati, and Dayton Ohio; Louisville and Lexington Kentucky; Indianapolis, Indiana; and Knoxville & Nashville, Tennessee. Messer employees live where they work, resulting in the company’s sustained commitment to building better communities.
We are currently seeking an accounting professional to fill the role of Staff Accountant to work in our Nashville region. This person will work collaboratively with the regional leadership and Corporate Accounting to provide a full range of high level accounting support.
Responsibilities are as follows:
- General Ledger reconciliation
- Bank account reconciliation
- Cash Receipt management
- Accounts Payable management
- Prepare billings
- Monthly job cost review to ensure accurate forecasting, budgeting, and revenue & income reporting.
- Monthly regional analysis of cash flow, over & under billings, aged receivables & quarterly accruals.
- Budget management
- A bachelor’s degree in Accounting, or related discipline
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite
- Must have knowledge of accounting principles/functions.
- Ability to work independently and complete duties and projects with little direct supervision.
- Any Construction/Remote Job Site experience is a plus
- Possess all auditory, speaking and communicating capabilities
- Physical requirements: sitting, standing, walking, bending, twisting, climbing, pushing, pulling, lifting up to 25lbs., seeing and reading
All Messer employees are required to comply with our Substance Abuse Prevention Policy as a condition of employment. Messer may condition offers of employment upon taking and passing of a post-offer/pre-employment drug screen.
We provide an excellent and comprehensive compensation package with unlimited opportunity for personal and professional growth. If you would like to join our team of employee-owners and are interested in a challenging and rewarding career, please visit our website at http://www.messer.com/careers.
Messer is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity.
Messer is committed to a diverse workforce.
- Bachelors or better in Accounting
- Microsoft Suite
- Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
- Functional Expert: Considered a thought leader on a subject
- Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
- Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
- Growth Opportunities: Inspired to perform well by the chance to take on more responsibility
- Goal Completion: Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks
- Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization