Knauf Insulation North America is the world's fastest-growing insulation manufacturer. We are wholly committed to the conservation of the environment while also sustainably developing and manufacturing a comprehensive line of acoustical fiberglass insulation for residential, commercial, industrial, marine, OEM and metal building applications, using post-consumer recycled materials.
We welcome passionate and creative individuals who thrive in an entrepreneurial, collaborative and ever-changing environment. Watch our values video to learn more about what we do, our commitment to sustainability and our company values and culture.
This position is responsible for guiding efforts to ensure reliability and maintainability of equipment, processes, utilities, facilities, controls and safety/security systems. Identify and manage asset reliability risks that could adversely affect plant or business operations. This broad primary role includes loss elimination, risk management and life cycle asset management
- Works with Maintenance team to ensure the reliability and maintainability of current equipment.
- Provides leadership, technical assistance and guidance to all reliability and maintenance interfacing team members
- Works with team to ensure the reliability and maintainability of new and modified installations. Participates in the development of design and installation specifications along with commissioning plans.
- Participates in the development of criteria for and evaluation of equipment and technical maintenance service providers.
- Develops acceptance tests and inspection criteria.
- Participates in the final check-out of new installations. This includes factory and site acceptance testing that will assure adherence to functional specifications.
- Professionally and systematically defines, designs, develops, monitors and refines an asset maintenance plan that includes:
- Value-added preventive maintenance tasks.
- Effective utilization of predictive and other non-destructive testing methodologies designed to identify and isolate inherent reliability problems
- Lead RCM, PMO and other asset strategy definition activities
- Provides input to a risk management plan that will anticipate reliability-related and non-reliability-related risks that could adversely impact plant operations.
- Develops engineering solutions to repetitive failures and all other problems that adversely affect plant operations. These problems include capacity, quality, cost or regulatory compliance issues. To fulfill this responsibility, the reliability engineer applies data analysis techniques that can include:
- Statistical process control
- Reliability modeling and prediction
- Failure Mode and Effects Analysis
- Lean Manufacturing tools and principals
- Root Cause analysis (RCA) and root cause failure analysis (RCFA)
- Performs analyses of assets including:
- Asset Utilization
- Overall Equipment effectiveness (OEE)
- Other parameters that define operating condition, reliability, reliability and costs of assets
- Provides technical support to production maintenance and technical personnel
- Applies value analysis to repair/replace, repair/design and make/buy decisions * Approves, updates, supports in the management of engineering records, drawings, documentation and the like.
- Supports continuous improvement initiatives
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering
- Minimum three (3) to five (5) years’ maintenance engineering or reliability experience in an industrial manufacturing environment
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of SAP PM module
- Strong knowledge of preventive maintenance programs and the tools associated with failure detection (i.e. vibration analysis, oil monitoring, thermography) as well as the software associated with the predictive tools.
- Knowledge of reliability improvement strategies
- Knowledge of TPM and other maintenance continuos improvement activities
- Knowledge of Operations Analysis
- Knowledge of production and processing techniques
- Knowledge of inventory processes and procedures
- Knowledge of specialty equipment and systems, uses and applications
- Knowledge of health and safety requirements in a similar environment
- Ability to oversee projects and manage resources within budget
- Ability to read and interpret CAD drawings
- Ability to support and manage plant expansion projects as needed
- Ability to communicate effectively across the organization
- Ability to make quick, thorough decisions that will positively benefit the organization
- Ability to develop goals and set standards by which the group is expected to perform
- Ability to lead, train and motivate others
- Ability to thoroughly evaluate system performance and provide suggestions for improvement
- Presentation skills
- Problem solving skills
- Mathematical/statistical skills
- Coordination skills
- Active listening skills
- Negotiation skills
- Leadership skills
- Communication skills (written and verbal)
- Computer skills in MS Windows environment; proficient in Word, PowerPoint and Excel
Overall Equipment Effectiveness
Continuous Improvement Process
Statistical Process Controls