About us: Since 1962, Southern Industrial and Southern Crane has helped install and maintain the manufacturing and industrial base that has fueled growth across the Southeast.
We have grown from a Carolinas-based crane and rigging company into the leading provider of operated crane services, rigging services, turn-key industrial construction and plant maintenance services in the Southeast.
As part of EMCOR Group, Southern Industrial and Southern Crane’s ability to serve our customers is enhanced by EMCOR's financial strength and national presence.
Southern Industrial Constructors is seeking, MET candidate at the GE Aviation site in Batesville, MS.
GE Batesville Job Description
Maintenance Engineering Technician II
Position Requirements and Summary:
Associate Degree in Electronics Engineering Technology or High school graduate / GED with five years equivalent experience of troubleshooting repair of CNC’s and electronic equipment. Requires ability to troubleshoot, repair and maintain machinery and mechanical equipment such as engines, motors, pneumatic tools, and production machines and equipment. MET position requires skill and ability to perform Maintenance Specialist tasks.
• Troubleshoot electrical and mechanical issues on production machines such as CNC lathes, CNC EDM’s, robots, heat treat furnaces, pumping systems, air compressors, HVAC and cooling towers.
• Test, troubleshoot, repair and modify developmental and production electronic components, parts, equipment, and systems, such as computer controlled equipment instrumentation, test equipment, and machine tool numerical controls.
• Recommend changes in circuitry or installation specifications to simplify maintenance.
• Set up standard test apparatus or test equipment and circuitry to conduct functional, operational, environmental, and life tests to evaluate performance and reliability of production equipment.
• Analyze and interpret test data. Adjust, calibrate, align, and modify circuitry and components, and record effects on unit performance.
• Use software and other tools to troubleshoot and repair CNC controls utilizing the diagnostics of the control.
• Troubleshoot and repair variable-frequency drives (adjustable-frequency drives (AFD), variable-speed drives (VSD), AC drives, micro drives or inverter drives).
• Ability to operate bench lathes, drills, or other machine tools to fabricate parts, such as coils, terminal boards, and machine components.
• Perform PM’s to maintain the equipment, which includes using test equipment for calibration.
• Work with engineers or contractors on machine setups or to resolve machine issues.
• Dismantle devices to gain access to and remove, repair or replace defective parts, using hoists, hand tools, and power tools.
• Adjust functional parts of devices and control instruments, repair or replace defective parts, and install special functional and structural parts in devices and equipment.
• Ability to use and operate hand and power tools such as electric drills, air drills, hand wrenches, welding and other tools as needed in a safe, efficient manner.
• Enter and maintain records in the computer, including but not limited to Maximo work orders and preventive maintenance records.
• Must have the ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
• Analyze and resolve work problems.
• Must have the ability to balance multiple tasks and priorities.
• Skilled in both written and verbal communication.
• As required, perform safety inspections of work area, equipment and tools in accordance with SIC policy to ensure compliance with government regulations, customer requirements, and SIC’s safety program.
• Knowledge of safety standards and precautions for plant maintenance and repair work.
• Complete all Safety and general job training as required by SIC.
• Observes SIC/Client Safety processes and procedures at all times.
• Maintain a safe, clean and organized working environment.
• Perform other job duties as assigned by Supervisor or Manager.
Working Conditions/Physical Effort:
Conditions include working in office, shop, busy traffic areas, freezers, and warehouses, with frequent exposure to dirt, dust, grease, oil, vibrations, and adverse weather conditions. Must be able to safely access all areas of property and buildings. Must be able to effectively use all required PPE equipment and lift up to fifty pounds. Strenuous physical demands are required to safely perform the essential functions associated with this position. Must be able to safely operate all involved equipment and tools. Must be capable of standing for long periods of time, bending consistently, working on ladders, and in awkward body positions.
*Nothing in this job description restricts the Company’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Rigging (Sailing Ship)
Troubleshooting (Problem Solving)