Reporting to the Corporate Financial Planning & Analysis Manager, the Senior Financial Analyst position is located at the global headquarters of Masco Corporation. The function supports the development and continuous improvement of standardized tools and processes used to conduct proactive and insightful analysis of financial and operational performance of the business to enable Corporate Executive management greater visibility and organizational focus to support the achievement of Masco’s long-term value creation goals. Senior Analyst will also directly support Group Finance, serving as the analytical engine of the company to provide insight to business unit performance; identifying key financial drivers and optimizing the decision-making process. Indirectly, the position also supports Masco’s overall corporate financial system and structure (e.g., CFO, Group Finance, Investor Relations, Financial Reporting, Corporate Development, etc.) and non-financial functions in the execution of their responsibilities. The position has the potential for succession to a senior finance position at a Masco business unit, corporate finance role or other leadership position.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Drive the Integrated Planning Process
- Support the planning, execution and continuous improvement of the enterprise-wide corporate annual and long-range strategic planning processes to create shareholder value.
- Develop tools and systems to enable the consolidation and analysis of complex financial information.
- Analyze and synthesize plans and results across multiple business units and segments to identify past and future business drivers and trends at the consolidated level for presentation to the Executive management team.
- Support corporate strategic planning, portfolio, scenario analysis and other business planning and analysis needs related to development of business cases for major enterprise initiatives.
Management Reporting, Analysis & Insight
- Develop and implement tools and analysis to measure current and future financial and operational performance compared to prior year, plan and forecast to support strategic business decisions in achieving value creation goals.
- Conduct routine and ad hoc management reporting and analysis of monthly, quarterly and annual key performance indicators and business drivers for presentation to Executive management.
- Thoroughly review financial statements to ensure integrity of data and support the overall control environment of the enterprise.
- Provide analysis and insight to support Executive management decision making including, preparing management presentations, board presentations, financial / investor presentations, industry / peer competitive analysis and comparisons, investment analysis and other projects requested by senior management to validate strategic direction.
- Develop industry and macro-economic guidance to support the development of business plans.
- Support Investor Relations.
- Continually evaluate, challenge and implement processes and methods to enhance results, improve efficiency and financial transparency and add value to the organization.
- Contribute to various ad hoc projects and analysis, as necessary.
Essential Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Economics, Mathematics or related field. MBA preferred.
- Effective communication with internal and external individuals in various functional areas and at all levels of management.
- Proven ability to handle confidential information and build solid relationships with C-suite executives, earning their respect and becoming a trusted advisor.
- Excellent collaboration skills with the demonstrated ability to work with a diverse team and build partnerships with cross functional business teams.
- Strong analytical skills with a high level of competence and proficiency in financial analysis; able to clearly link financial results to operational performance drivers, generate alternatives and drive positive change.
- Proven ability to plan for and integrate multiple tasks concurrently as well as work independently.
- Ability to function with a high level of effectiveness, independence, leadership, energy and initiative without daily interaction with management.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint required.
- Up to 20% travel may be required.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience in a business planning, financial planning, strategic management, business development or other business management role in a large multi-business organization.
- Understanding of and experience with quality and process improvement concepts
- Hyperion Financial Management experienced preferred.
Masco CorporationFull or Part Time
Masco Corporation (the “Company”) is an equal opportunity employer and we want to have the best available persons in every job. The Company makes employment decisions only based on merit. It is the Company’s policy to prohibit discrimination in any employment opportunity (including but not limited to recruitment, employment, promotion, salary increases, benefits, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment) based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, pregnancy, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, physical/mental disability, medical condition, marital/domestic partner status, military and veteran status, height, weight or any other such characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. The Company is committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. This commitment applies to all persons involved in the operations of the Company regardless of where the employee is located and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee of the Company.
Masco Corporation is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is an Internet based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in partnership with the Social Security Administration (SSA) that allows participating employers to electronically verify the employment eligibility of their newly hired employees in the United States. Please click on the following links for more information.
E-Verify Participation Poster: URL blocked - click to apply
E-verify Right to Work Poster: URL blocked - click to apply, URL blocked - click to apply
No visa sponsorship is available for this position, unless specified within the job description.
Business Performance Management