CoStar Risk Analytics, located in Boston, MA, works with market participants across the commercial real estate (CRE) lending spectrum. Collectively, CoStar Risk Analytics’ tools, in conjunction with CoStar granular data, provide lenders with the ability to better target business, appropriately price loans, make informed approval of credits, actively manage their portfolio with robust stress testing and surveillance measures, assess refinance risk, and execute within a disciplined framework. Clients, both public and private investors, range from commercial banks and financial institutions to pension funds and insurance companies as well as government and rating agencies.
CoStar Risk Analytics, is currently looking for a Financial Analyst to join the growing Boston based team. This resource will be a dedicated, experienced professional able to diligently provide ongoing support in the support, results analysis, documentation, quality assurance of our CRE Credit Risk Management products, with a specific focus in the areas of commercial mortgage backed securities (CMBS) & CRE Portfolio Lending.
- Assist with Beta testing of prototype model versions, program development, and enhancement projects.
- Testing and cleaning of client supplied or industry/research data.
- Assist with primary analyses of the CMBS, life insurance, banking, or agency loan universe; development of appropriate indices that track relevant industry data, characteristics, or performance.
- Maintain financial information databases; update "canned" presentation material derived from regularly acquired data, as well as integration of “ad hoc” information on timely subjects.
- Assist clients with Compass training, model execution, error de-bugging, and interpretative analysis CMBS results.
- Document models and tools for external client and internal analyst usage.
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in finance, real estate or accounting.
- 2+ years of relevant commercial real estate, banking, insurance, investment management, accounting or related experience is preferred
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong quantitative skills.
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office Suite: Access, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Experience working with large data sets to develop analysis queries and procedures, specifically in SQL, SAS or related tools is a plus.
- Microsoft Power BI. Tableau or other business intelligence software would be a plus.
CoStar Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; we maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing