Sr. Big Data Engineer - AWS Big Data - Jersey City - 8 Month Contract - 110/hr
Are you a Big Data engineering specialist? Do you have Data Warehousing and/or Hadoop experience? Do you like to solve the most complex and large-scale data challenges in the telecommunications industry? Would you like a career path that enables you to progress with the rapid adoption of cloud computing?
This engineer will collaborate with internal business partners to deliver proof-of-concept projects, conduct topical workshops, and lead implementation projects.
Excellent new contract opportunity in New York City for a Big Data Engineer!
- Utilize proven systems, scripting and developer skills to execute on highly complex tasks related to hardware and software technology component analysis, integration, and incident and problem resolution.
- Manage efforts to test, debug, support, and analyze performance, and document hardware and software technology components.
- Demonstrated understanding of and experience with virtualization and cloud technologies.
- Leverage big data to discover patterns and solve strategic & tactical business problems using structured and unstructured data sets across multiple environments.
- Lead efforts to capture, document, communicate and present all information pertinent to an end-to-end business solution including architecture and supporting recommendations.
- Hands-on experience with AWS functions (S3, EMR, Redshift, EC2)
- Hands-on experience with related/complementary open source software platforms and languages (e.g. Java, Linux, Apache, Perl/Python/PHP)
- Experience with agile/scrum methodologies.
- Demonstrated industry leadership in the fields of database, data warehousing or data sciences.
- Proven understanding and deep expertise with at least one of these components - Spark, Kafka and Ni-Fi.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to interact at all level of leadership both in person and through digital mediums
Opportunity Type: 8 Month Contract
If you or someone you know is interested in this position, please send your resume directly to URL blocked - click to apply or call Phone number blocked - click to apply (ext 3205) and ask for Paige.
Jefferson Frank is the Amazon Web Services (AWS) recruiter of choice. We work with organizations worldwide to find and deliver the best AWS professionals on the planet. Backed by private equity firm TPG Growth, we have a proven track record servicing the AWS permanent and contract recruitment market and, to date, have worked with over 30,000 organizations globally from our offices in North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific.
At Jefferson Frank, our mission is simple: we want happy customers. Whether you're an AWS professional walking into your dream AWS job, or an organization hiring an incredible contractor for your cloud migration project, our goal is to deliver an unrivalled customer experience. Work with us and you'll get the personalized experience you deserve - one you'll simply not find at any other recruitment agency. At Jefferson Frank, we find great people great jobs in AWS.
I understand the need for discretion and would welcome the opportunity to speak to any Big Data and cloud analytics candidates that are considering a new career or job either now or in the future. Confidentiality is of the upmost importance. For more information on available AWS Big Data Jobs as well as the cloud market, I can be contacted at Phone number blocked - click to apply. Please see URL blocked - click to apply for more information.
Amazon Web Services
Java (Programming Language)
Perl (Programming Language)