Process Development Engineer - Continuous Flow Technology
Location:Indianapolis, Global Business Headquarters
Top Reasons Why You Want to Work for Corteva as a Biological Formulation Scientist:
* We provide numerous opportunities to build your skills.
* Be part of a company with a higher purpose and contribute to making the world a better place
* We offer a wealth of learning and development resources.
* 401k company match
* Company Bonus Plan
* 4 weeks of paid time off to start & paid holidays
* 16 weeks of Parental Leave
Corteva Agriscience™ has an exciting opportunity for a Process Development Engineer - Continuous flow technology, a high impact, high visibility role within Small Molecule Discovery and Development (SMDD) R&D located at Corteva's global headquarters in Indianapolis, IN. This hands-on research role will have responsibilities for end-to-end advanced manufacturing integration (i.e. feeding raw materials through crystallization/filtration). The position is focused on research and continuous flow technology development efforts for pipeline molecules as well as converting batch processes in the existing manufacturing process to continuous processes. The group works closely with process chemistry, product chemistry, commercial implementation, and manufacturing to ensure that new products are supplied on time and within customer expectations.
Process Development Engineer - Continuous Flow Technology - Job Responsibilities:
* Develop/Execute lab experimental plan to identify optimum conditions for a variety of unit operations operating continuously.
* Develop the theoretical, experimental, and computational knowledge/ understanding associated with various unit operations to accurately scale-up and implement new technology.
* Document research in technology packages and transfer to internal pilot plants, commercial manufacturing plants as well as external partners.
* Plan/execute sample synthesis campaigns to deliver active ingredient samples of desired purity in quantities up to 10 kgs through lab scale-up in batch/continuous/hybrid processes
* Demonstrate new technology successfully in-lab with a vision toward commercial implementation.
* Collaborate effectively in cross-functional teams to advance Corteva's pipeline.
* Works effectively in a multi-disciplinary setting (chemists, R&D engineers, and pilot plant engineers etc.)
* The desired candidate should be effective at problem-solving, organizing data, and documenting/communicating results.
What will You need as a Process Development Engineer - Continuous Flow Technology?
* B.S./M.S. degree in chemical engineering or related field.
* 1- 5 years of demonstrated accomplishments in process development, scale and manufacturing of fine chemicals; background in applying continuous processing technologies is highly beneficial
* Strong knowledge of chemical engineering fundamentals (e.g. unit operations, separations, distillation theory, fluid mechanics & mixing or reaction engineering)
* Hands-on experience in applying a variety of laboratory/pilot/production scale problem-solving tools including, but not limited to, DoE principles, continuous improvement/six sigma tools, process analytical tools, lab automation/high throughput experiments, modeling, data analytics
* Working knowledge in the organic synthesis using a variety of laboratory equipment and procedures.
* A minimum requirement for this U.S.-based position is the ability to work legally in the United States.
Check out life at Corteva![ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Process Development Engineer- Continuous Flow Technology
Ready to grow your perspectives, impact, and career? We seek applicants from all backgrounds to ensure we get the best, most creative talent on our team. Start by applying to this opportunity today!
- Business Process Improvement
- Chemical Engineering
- Chemical Reaction Engineering