To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Round Lake Beach, IL
- Phone: (770) 255-7927
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Occupational Health Nurse
AIC (part of ACS Group) • Round Lake Beach, IL
Posted 1 month ago
Job Title: Nurse, Occupational Health
Summary: Responsible for implementing an effective occupational health program at the facility level. The OHN acts as a business partner to maximize productivity and reduce health related costs. OH program elements include: immediate care for illness and injury, health surveillance, job placement, regulatory compliance, case management and health promotion. Provides healthcare services to employees or persons who become ill or injured at the facility. Practices within the parameters of professional licensure to ensure consistency with legal, labor, regulatory and Corporate requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: * Implements a facility-level occupational health program to meet employee health risks.
* Provides a system for the immediate care of employee and visitor injuries and illnesses, including coordinating a medical emergency response team. Actively participates in the root cause analysis process to understand those events.
* Implements appropriate job placement and health surveillance of employees. Examples include: required hearing conservation program and audiometry, respiratory surveillance, and management of reproductive and chemical hazard exposures.
* Maintains a documentation system for occupational health record keeping and confidentiality. Responsible for all required reporting (i.e., OSHA, Workers Compensation, etc.).
* Implements an effective case management program including coordination with other health care professionals, human resources, department managers, and insurance carrier representatives or third party administrators to facilitate timely return to work and appropriate utilization of benefits.
* Facilitates and coordinates a risk-based health promotion program to enhance employee and family wellbeing.
* Provides health-related counseling for employees within the scope of nursing knowledge and practice.
* Partners with other health and safety professionals to recognize health hazards and environmental risk factors in the workplace that may cause negative health impacts among employees. Actively participates in determining strategies to reduce those risks.
* Participates in the periodic evaluation of the facility occupational health program and takes measures to achieve continuous improvement. Stays within the OH budget.
* Establishes a relationship with an external physician to provide support as needed for the occupational health program.
* Responsible for the on-site drug-testing program, including follow-up with outcomes as appropriate.
* Uses basic ergonomic principles to perform simple office ergonomic assessments. Works with EHS to support risk reduction for employees experiencing potentially work-related musculoskeletal symptoms.
* Maintains professional continuing education and secures task-based certification as appropriate to practice (ex. pulmonary function, hearing testing).
* Facilitates compliance with applicable health and safety regulations.
Qualifications: * Critical thinking and decision making skills
* Proficient in computer program use
* Solid communication and interpersonal skills
* Certification in CPR/first aid
* Physically able to respond in emergency situations
Education and/or Experience: * Registered nurse with current license to practice required
* Minimum 3 years of experience in a clinical nurse setting
* BSN preferred
* OH Certification preferred