To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Huntsville, AL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Benchmark Electronics, Inc. • Huntsville, AL
Posted 1 month ago
Job ID(Requisition ID):
Responsible for developing and implementing logistics plan and budget for division through analysis of customer requirements, freight costs and international freight laws.
Essential Functions and Competencies
• Intermediate computer knowledge, including word processing and spreadsheet programs
• Understanding of intricacies of international shipping laws and requirements; Demonstrate ability to drive initiatives that add value
• Ability to work in an ever-changing, dynamic and fast-paced environment
• Effective analytical, planning and organizational skills
• Effective interpersonal skills with co-workers and customers
• Exercise discretion and independent judgment when representing the company in supply chain/logistics related decisions
• Strong leadership skills and effective oral and written communication skills
• Ability to independently drive solutions to complex logistics issues with limited supervision
• Ability to support a 24/7 global business operation as required
• Effective negotiation and problem solving skills
• Demonstrate teamwork and the ability to operate on diverse project teams with minimal direction
• Demonstrate confidentiality and the ability to represent the company in a professional manner
• Understanding of and ability to use continuous improvement tools
• See job analysis forms for specific physical stresses of the job
Qualifications / Education / Experience
• Evaluate customer support and field service commitments to ensure customer requirements are met
• Serve as liaison between customer and operations teams to develop concepts and coordinate product knowledge
• Periodic review and update of related Import/Export procedures to ensure compliance with applicable laws and requirements
• Interact with vendors and peers in Operations, Supply Chain, Account Management, Finance and Product Development to optimize systems and procedures
• Site level training as it relates to Import/Export requirements
• Audit shipping documents to include Customs documentation for accuracy and maintain for record keeping compliance
• Develop, implement and maintain ERP system parts master with ECCN, HTSUS and COO classifications
• Identify and update teams regarding changes and revisions in the HTSUS and customs regulations
• Maintain and enforce BEI routing guide
• Periodically review carrier performance
• Work with carriers to obtain specific shipping rate quotes on new or quoted customer programs
• Identify best freight paths based on cost, efficiency and effectiveness, and provide communication to customer teams
• Work with Finance to ensure payment for all duties/taxes invoices is made within the specified time frame
• All employees are responsible for the Quality of their work to ensure BEI meets, or exceeds Customer Satisfaction.
• Must have 5 or more years of domestic and international transportation experience
• Customs Broker license preferred
• 4 year degree preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience as approved by executive management
Send this job to a friend
Send this job description to a friend by email. All the relevant details will be included in the message.
Attention Search Agencies
Please note that we are not accepting agency phone calls or referrals regarding position vacancies. Third parties should not submit resumes on this site or to Benchmark employees directly. If the decision is made to engage the services of a search agency, we only work with organizations on our preferred vendor list with whom we have a written agreement. If you would like to be considered for this list in the future please contact the local Human Resource office.