You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Quality Assurance Analyst
Starr Insurance Companies is a global insurance and investment organization providing property and casualty insurance solutions to business and industry, and one of the fastest-growing insurance companies in the world. Our talented and experienced associates manage risk and ultimately support the profitable growth of organizations in a dynamic, competitive, and ever-changing marketplace. Join us and become part of our talented and passionate workforce.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Starr is seeking a detail-oriented Quality Assurance Analyst to join our Quality Assurance Practice. The ideal candidate is an exceptionally organized, methodical professional with experience working in a fast-paced, challenging environment. This role provides multiple testing responsibilities to move changes through to a successful production implementation. The candidate will work closely with IT team members to identify and understand the various functions and process in our end user-facing business applications. That knowledge would be converted into planning the appropriate types of testing needed, creation of appropriate documentation (plans, scripts, results), and applying best test / QA practices for minimal impact or introduction of defects into the production environment.
- Plan, execute, and oversee testing of various business applications to ensure they conform to documented specifications and quality objectives.
- Create, review, maintain and execute test scripts as appropriate for an application or system change.
- Document, review and obtain sign off on test plans, test summaries and test results.
- Meet multiple application deadlines, coordinating between production, release and/or project scheduled implementation dates.
- Collaborate with vendor testing resources develop and align joint test plans, to define roles and responsibilities, and review and provide feedback and signoff of vendor tested results.
- Participate in Agile scrums and project team meetings. Partner with IT Business Analysts and Developers to analyze and refine system level requirements based on use cases and/or business requirements. Provide input on scope, changes, defects, testing approach, and process improvements.
- Provide input on Quality Assurance best practices for both internal and vendor testing standards and methods.
- Conform and contribute to internally defined IT standards and governance, including maintaining and storing all documentation in company defined document repositories.
- Provide continuous feedback to scrum teams, project teams and Product Owners regarding system functionality that may not be intuitive or straightforward, to ensure common knowledge amongst the IT teams.
- Participate in adhoc project assignments.
- Provide training and support to quality assurance team members on systems, policies, procedures, and core processes
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- 4-5 years of quality assurance testing experience, preferably in the Insurance industry
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, business writing, and decision-making skills
- Proven understanding of Agile/Scrum and Waterfall methodologies, and how QA functions within them.
- Proven experience in manual and automated testing
- Professional certification,
- Demonstrated knowledge of testing best practices, the use of version control practices and defect management testing tools
- Capable in building comprehensive test plans, test matrices and test cases for various products. Skilled in analysis, functional testing, negative testing and regression testing. Experience in data analysis and forms generation testing is a plus.
- Comprehensive testing experience in configurable, web-based or client-server business application and familiarity with all aspects of Software Development Lifecycle.
- Understand and draw from business processes and requirements to create functional and non-functional test cases; covering a variety of use cases depending on type of testing necessary.
- Create and execute test plans, test scripts and test summary reports.
- Working knowledge of test tracking and execution systems used for agile and/or waterfall testing.
- Maintain and analyze defects and issues to identify and report risks and issues to project teams and management
- Agile Methodology
- Attention To Detail
- Business Correspondence
- Business Processes
- Business Requirements
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: g34suhw
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.