Who We Are
Enel is a globally recognized leader in sustainable energy and is consistently named one of Fortune Magazine’s “Companies that are Changing the World.” It is also one of the largest and most trusted energy companies in the world, serving around 70 million customers in more than 30 countries across 5 continents. The Enel Group vision is about Open Power. Open Power means opening energy access to more people; opening the world of energy to new technologies; opening new ways for people to manage energy; opening new uses of energy; and opening more partnerships. These are ambitious goals and we are pursuing them with the passion of more than 65,000 people whose brilliant work is based on our values of Responsibility, Innovation, Trust and Proactivity. At Enel North America, our businesses are leading the energy transition, creating the sustainable energy solutions of the future to help individuals, businesses and communities change energy into lasting value.
The Civil Engineering Team is Expanding!
This position, in cooperation with other Units and while also supporting the less senior discipline members, will ensure the execution of civil engineering project assigned in complete compliance with best practices, quality, safety and environmental requirements, as well as compliance with schedules and costs, also managing external resources. Addresses and solves technical issues related to their own field of expertise and by means of their own knowledge to meet project requirements.
What You'll Do at Enel:
Responsibilities, include, but not limited to:
Who You Are:
- Perform feasibility studies, preliminary and detail design of renewable energy plants and supporting facilities.
- Autonomously design or review the design performed by external consultants for road geometrical design, road structural section, earth movement, topography according to technical codes;
- Review Bill of Quantities, IFC drawings and shop submittals to support construction;
- Plan, supervise and co-ordinate the Infrastructural activities throughout the entire life cycle of the project;
- Perform site visit reports for various renewable plants to address the technical and budgetary challenges and provide input to the budgeting and scheduling committee;
- Participate to technical meetings and follow up the design activities performed by external suppliers and contractors;
- Prepare technical specifications and contractual documents;
- Support other colleagues in the same units for task of high technical complexity;
- Support project team in estimating CAPEX, OPEX and scheduling.
What Enel Offers You:
- Master’s degree in Civil Engineering (Transportation specialization will be a plus);
- Engineer in Training (EIT) License;
- PE certification is preferred;
- Minimum 6 years of professional experience in civil engineering;
- Knowledge in the Renewable Energy Industry is a plus;
- Fluent English is required, Spanish is a plus;
- Knowledge of informatics:
- Microsoft Office suite
- Google Earth
- Global Mapper or QGIS
- AutoCAD 2D
- Civil 3D or OpenRoads Designer
- Infraworks or OpenRoads ConceptStation
- Knowledge of BIM software and platform (Navisworks, Solibri, Allplan Bimplus, Allplan Engineering, BIM360, Trimble Connect) will be a plus;
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to effectively support and work well with people from different disciplines;
- Superior organizational skills and detail oriented to ensure accuracy and quality;
- Strong client-facing and internal communication skills;
- Adaptability and flexibility to manage deadline pressure, ambiguity and change;
- Ability to independently prioritize and manage multiple tasks/projects and meet deadlines;
- Ability to work in autonomy for task of high complexity;
- A valid driver’s license operable in all 50 states and Canada;
- Up to 20% of domestic travel and occasional international travel for meetings and project duration;
- Experience working in a multicultural environment is preferred.
•A rapidly growing yet well-established business, •Ability to work with employees from many different cultures and backgrounds., •Benefits and rewards that support the life and well-being of you and your family., •One of the world’s most recognizable and respected brands in the energy industry that believes by working together we can create a new energy era in which the world can become more sustainable., •Opportunity to grow and develop your career with the support and mentorship of senior leaders., •Various forms of flexibility to help you integrate your life with your professional commitments.
Notice to Recruiters & Staffing Agencies
Enel North America has an internal talent acquisition department and designated career site for individuals looking to join our team. Enel North America will not accept unsolicited resumes from any external recruiters, staffing firms, search agencies or any fee-based referrals. Any unsolicited resumes sent to directly to Enel North America, in any capacity will be considered property of Enel North America. This policy is applicable to all Enel North America locations and will be the responsibility of third parties and vendors to understand this policy. Enel North America will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
Enel North America is dedicated to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information. We will not discriminate, in any employment decision, against any individual or group on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, or veterans/national guard/military reserve status. This shall be done in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws in every location in which Enel North America has facilities. Accessibility – If you require accessibility assistance applying for open positions please contact [ Email address blocked ] .