To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Mobile, AL 36560
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
AM/NS Calvert • Mobile, AL
Posted 3 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Requisition ID: 11695
Created in February 2014 through a 50/50 joint venture of the world’s largest and second largest steelmakers, ArcelorMittal and Nippon Steel & Sumitomo Metal Corporation, AM/NS Calvert is located in Calvert, AL. Our state-of-the-art steel processing facility has the capacity to process 5.3 million tons of high-value steel grades including hot rolled bands, hot rolled pickled and oiled, cold rolled, and advanced coated products for the automotive, pipe and tube, appliance/HVAC, service center and construction industries in the NAFTA market.
AM/NS Calvert products are marketed in NAFTA through managing joint venture partner ArcelorMittal.
- Prepare and analyze cost accounting data and provide proper financial support to business partners and management
- Act as a strategic partner to functional areas and/or mills supported
- Ensure accuracy of financial and operating results
- Involvement with key month-end closing activities
- Prepares monthly reporting metrics for presentation to local and business area management
- Analyzes and interprets operating results and makes specific recommendations for cost reduction and profitability improvement
- Prepares and analyzes cost variance analysis reporting and commentary
- Stock evaluations including but not limited to maintenance and consumption of parts analysis
- Performs financial analysis of investment proposals, prepares capital requests and provide proper ROI documentation
- Supports forecasting and budgeting process
- Implements and enforces company policies and controls
- Regular interaction with technical support departments concerning controlling and inventory processes
- Leads or plays key role in cross-functional projects as deemed necessary
- Fulfills the commitment to ensure a safe and healthy work environment
- Fulfills the responsibilities required to achieve the Quality Commitment
- Demonstrates commitment to teamwork by fostering an environment that embodies trust and respect
- Ensures working knowledge of competencies as defined in ISO 9001:2015/IATF 16949 and ISO 14001:2015
EDUCATION & ACCREDITATION:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance or related field, or combination of post-secondary education and related experience
- CPA preferred but not required
- Seeking 5+ years of cost accounting experience in a large manufacturing environment
- Working knowledge of GAAP and Cost Accounting standards
- Experience with inventory evaluations and controls, standard cost and variance analysis
- Steel industry experience preferred but not required
- Ability to research, compile, analyze and interpret data accurately and timely
- Ability to manage responsibilities under strict deadlines
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products especially MS Excel
- Sound working knowledge of large ERP systems preferably SAP modules FI & CO
- Knowledge of SAP Business Objects preferred but not required
- Demonstrates strong decision-making, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Able to competently handle a fast-paced environment, with strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Ability to deal sensitively with confidential material
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal communications skills, written and verbal
- Demonstrates strong work ethic and displays a high degree of professionalism
- Interest and ability to work at our site location in Calvert, Alabama
TOOLS & EQUIPMENT:
- Laptop, Desk Phone, Cell Phone
- Office Environment
HOURS OF WORK:
- Days, Monday to Friday with extended hours as required due to periods of peak workloads
Please note: The Job Profile is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties.
If you need an accommodation to complete any part of the application process due to a disability or medical condition, you may call 251-289-3000 or email [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] to communicate your accommodation request. Do not email your application materials to this email address. Application materials sent to this email address will not be considered.
AMNS Calvert is an EEO Employer: Race, Color, National Origin, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Disability, Age, Vet, and Other Protected Group Status.