Messer Construction Co. is an award-winning construction manager and general contractor that provides leadership for complex commercial building projects. We are currently accepting applications for seasoned Cement Finishers wanting to advance their construction careers. The ideal candidate will have knowledge of commercial construction and remodeling practices as well as a comprehensive understanding of procedures, techniques, tools, equipment, materials, specifications, quality and cost control measures and safety requirements associated with commercial building.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
• Place concrete from a truck, crane/bucket or pump
• Place and finish concrete (screed, bull float, hand float)
• Operate all necessary tools (walk behind trowel machines, vibratory screeds, vibrators)
• Read blueprints, utilize appropriate math skills and perform layout of expansion and control joints
• Apply curing compounds and sealers
• Pump, place and finish techniques
• Placement of concrete, slab on grade and elevated decks
• Saw cut control joints
• Effectively communicate and understand both verbal and written instructions
• Ability to organize, sequence and perform assigned tasks within schedule
Make repairs to cured concrete surfaces (walls and slabs)
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Minimum of five years’ experience in all phases of commercial construction
• Candidates must have transportation and good communication skills
• Be willing to work within a 50 mile radius
• Be able to work in a variety of seasonal and weather conditions
All Messer employees are required to comply with our Substance Abuse Prevention Policy as a condition of employment. Messer may condition offers of employment upon taking and passing of a post-offer/pre-employment drug screen.
We provide an excellent and comprehensive compensation package with unlimited opportunity for personal and professional growth.
We maintain a drug free work place with pre-employment and random substance abuse testing. Inquiries are held and managed in the strictest confidence. We respect and honor your need for private and confidential communications when searching for a new position.
Messer is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity.
Messer is committed to a diverse workforce.