To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- North Charleston, SC 29406
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Create an Account with CareerBuilder to save jobs & unlock these great features
See similar job titles and skills to help you make your next move
Upload a resume and become visible to Hiring Managers and Employers
Compare Salary Information to see where you stand amongst your peers
Easily Quick Apply to jobs with just one click!
Email Send Failed!
Software Engineer - Java
Scientific Research Corp • North Charleston, SC
Posted 19 days ago
Other Great Industries
Scientific Research Corporation is an advanced information technology engineering company that provides innovative products and services to government and private industry, as well as independent institutions. At the core of our capabilities is a seasoned team of highly skilled engineers and scientists with multidisciplinary backgrounds. This team is challenged daily to provide cutting edge technology solutions to our clients.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Software Engineer will support a team of software developers with the development and engineering of an application supporting Marine Corps programs. The Software Engineer will have a strong knowledge of Java development, be a self-starter, ready and willing to learn, and be a team player on a small development and testing group at the customer site. Must enjoy working in a software testing environment.
The Engineer will also attend regular Sprint/Scrum meetings to define tasks for application development, attend Configuration Control Board meetings with customer to provide status of application(s) developed and tested, and assist in delivering presentations to management and/or the customer.
This is an entry to mid-level requirement for an applicant with one -- four (1-4) years' overall Software Engineering experience.
Scientific Research Corporation offers a competitive salary, an extensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages excellence. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Scientific Research Corporation is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate in employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
FILLING THIS POSITION IS CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING
MINIMUM SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
• Experience with software design, development, and testing
• Experience with database design and development
• Java experience is required
• Have an understanding of software development (Agile environment) processes, software error/defect testing, regression testing, and documentation
• Excellent communication, documentation, organization and writing skills
• Familiarity with Java, C++, Python languages
• Must be a team player and have good customer relations skills
DESIRED SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
• MongoDB experience is preferred
• At least two years of programming or software development experience
• Experience with software and bug tracking tools, YouTrack, GIT, SVN
• Experience testing software using testing methodologies
• Experience with Microsoft, Linux, and Unix operating systems
• Familiarity with US Marine Corps SIGINT systems
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or similar course of study
• CompTia Security+ upon hire or ability to obtain certification within 6 months of hire
THIS POSITION REQUIRES AN ACTIVE DoD TOP SECRET / SCI CLEARANCE
PREFERENCE WILL BE GIVEN TO CANDIDATES WITH AN ACTIVE SECRET OR TOP SECRET CLEARANCE
US CITIZENS ONLY ARE ELIGIBLE FOR A SECURITY CLEARANCE
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job ID: 5000474756106
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Created
Well, this is embarrassing. We are having trouble saving your search. You can try again or come back at a later time.