Senior Manufacturing Engineer
Business Divisions: Nortek Air Solutions
Time Type: Full Time
Specific Location: Any NAS Manufacturing Location - Oklahoma City, OK, Okarche, OK, Tualatin, OR
Business Unit: Engineering
About Nortek Air Solutions
URL blocked - click to applyNortek Air Management is comprised of two individual businesses, Nortek Air Solutions and Nortek Global HVAC with annual sales of close to $1 billion across three market segments: Residential, Light Commercial and Custom Air Solutions. Our Company’s mission is Creating a Better Tomorrow Every Day. By living our core values of Safety, Integrity, Performance Driven Culture and Teamwork, we are a premier HVAC Company offering energy efficient and sustainable products and solutions that exceed customer expectations through employee’s commitment to quality, customer service and operational excellence.
Established in 1977, Nortek Air Solutions offers the innovation and expertise of the largest group of custom heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) brands in North America for your commercial, industrial, or institutional indoor environment. Air Solutions products are custom engineered to bring you the optimal solutions for maximizing energy efficiency, reducing annual operating costs, improving indoor air quality, and achieving low sound levels. They offer high quality systems in multiple shapes, sizes, and configurations for new construction and renovation or retrofit applications. Air Solutions is affiliated with the following industry-leading brands of HVAC solutions: Governair, Huntair, Mammoth, Temtrol, Venmar CES and Ventrol Air Handling Systems.
Perform a wide variety of duties at the Nortek Air Management level to develop, implement, and maintain new manufacturing process, as well as implement changes to existing manufacturing methods, which will increase the cost effectiveness, quality, and competitiveness of the company.
Position Key Attributes:
- Ability to personally live safe and hold themselves and other team members accountable by having their back in support of our Safety core value.
- Has integrity, works transparently and recognized for treating others with respect.
- Takes accountability to create and execute solutions that deliver desired results and can “own it” in a Performance Driven Culture.
- Works collaboratively as one team in a Teamwork culture.
- Enjoys embracing and igniting change as a catalyst for improvement.
- A “builder” who is comfortable in a continuous improvement culture.
- Can thrive in a “legacy now” culture in which we strive to do the right thing for the company today, even if it is the hard thing, and leave behind a stronger company for the next generation of employees.
- Research, propose, and implement new manufacturing process and technologies
- Prepare Capital Appropriation Requests (CARs), specifications and Purchase Orders.
- Track project from start to finish including follow-up with projects teams and individuals as well as conduct project teams meetings. Update supervisor on projects (staffing, expenses) in department staff meetings.
- Coordinate interface between various functions of the company (i.e. engineering, IT, finance, and sales) as related to product and process changes and information.
- Prepare and present new project ideas and/or concepts to operations management.
- Write requirements and specifications for new and existing process and equipment.
- Create and maintain plant lay-outs and participate in layout modifications and improvements.
- Provide the technical engineering support for the plant and related functions.
- Design and perform statistical analysis on new and existing or proposed processes.
- Conduct and coordinate training of line works with respect to critical process interfaces.
- Meet with vendors on new process development or equipment; and conduct vendor try-outs on new equipment.
- Coordinate introduction of product changes and process changes.
- Manage routings and labor standards, SOE (sequence of Events), process maps, product sync’s, and OMS’s (Operational Method Sheets) for assigned products and processes.
- Perform Lean/DFT line design/ changes for assigned products.
- Provide leadership and guidance to direct and supervise project management and development of other technical manufacturing resources.
- Lead teams in major new product and process introductions, capacity analysis driving facility decisions regarding plant acquisitions and startups or major product relocations.
- Assist in developing other engineers.
- Bachelor’s Degree in industrial, Mechanical, or Manufacturing Systems Engineering.
- 5+ years of experience in a manufacturing engineering experience.
- Implementing Lean / DFT principles in a manufacturing environment.
- Six Sigma Black Belt Certification.
- Demonstrated ability to select and qualification of manufacturing processes.
- Demonstrated ability to provide input into the design of the product based on manufacturing methods and capabilities.
- Experience working with the Capital expenditures and new product launch.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects, determine project priority and create detailed action plans.
- Experience leading continuous improvement projects and facilitate transfer of best practice knowledge.
- Skilled at facilitating communications between multiple departments.
- Experience with AutoCAD, Microsoft Project, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Visio applications.
- Background in managing projects in a manufacturing environment. Familiar with Lean, 5S, Kaizen, and Quality concepts and applications including, but not limited to, the Lean Tools.
- Experience with manufacturing processes (electrical, mechanical assembly fabrication, welding and paint)
- Understanding of ergonomics especially related to repetitive/sustained awkward postures stress injuries.
- Travel to various company and supplier sites on a regular basis (up to 50%). US and Canada, so ability to obtain passport is required.
- Master's degree in Engineering or Business preferred.
- Five years’ or more demonstrated successes in manufacturing setting, preferably HVAC-focused, delivering results by leading multi-disciplinary projects for high-performing, global, and complex durable consumer goods manufacturing companies.
Nortek Air Management and its divisions offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. To learn more about Nortek Air Solutions, please visit our company website at URL blocked - click to apply.
Nortek Air Solutions and Nortek Global HVAC are equal opportunity employers and do not unlawfully discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, sex national origin, age disability, sexual orientation, or any other class protected by federal or state law.