With more than $2 billion in revenues, CDK Global is a leading global provider of integrated information technology and digital marketing solutions to the automotive retail and adjacent industries. Focused on enabling end-to-end automotive commerce, CDK provides solutions to dealers in more than 100 countries around the world, serving approximately 28,000 retail locations and most automotive manufacturers. CDK Global solutions automate and integrate critical processes from pre-sale targeted advertising to the sale, financing, insurance, parts supply, repair and maintenance of vehicles, with an increasing focus on utilizing data analytics and predictive intelligence.
We’re large enough to make a difference but small enough for your voice to be heard. This means that we are an organization where every person matters. You can make an impact on the success of our business and that of our customers regardless of what career you decide to pursue.
From data scientists to sales and client service experts, we’re hiring to support your growth and ours - Green light your career.
POSITION CAN BE BASED IN PORTLAND OR SAN JOSE OR AUSTIN
The Drive Flex team is seeking a Senior Front-End engineer to help take our premier SaaS-based Dealer Management Solution (DMS) to the next level. It's built using React on the Front-End complimented by a micro-services architecture on the back-end built on Java running in containers on AWS. We're an agile shop so comfort/experience with that development process is a must. Cool stuff. Now for the nitty-gritty:
- Participate in the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) developing new features and functionalities for large-scale enterprise software solutions, encompassing service layers, integration, user interfaces, and data.
- Perform software design, development, testing, documentation, code review, and analysis. This will be biased towards the back-end but full-stack experience is also encouraged/welcomed!
- Implement technical solutions that satisfy business requirements for function, performance, security, and maintainability.
- Document software deliverables through use cases, design documents, and technical specifications. This includes helping with story creation, acceptance criteria, QA and overall end-to-end testing.
- Perform gap analysis and document findings.
- Create and design programming code.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems or a related field plus seven (7) years of related experience.
- Master’s degree plus three (3) years of experience in lieu of a bachelor’s degree plus seven years of experience.
- Five (5) years of experience must include:
- Front-end development with a heavy emphasis on React JS. We'll consider folks that have a strong background in Angular but understand we're a React shop.
- CSS-in-JS styling frameworks, including Styled Components, BEM, and CSS Modules
- Component design, Redux, and testing patterns
- REST APIs
- React Tesing Library (RTL) and/or some other testing solutions such as Enzyme
- SaaS application engineering
- Jira and its effective usage for the management of software projects.
- Nice to have -- familiarity with the Attlassian suite -- Confluence, Bitbucket, Bamboo
Who do we look for? We look for people with the right cultural fit. That means being passionate and enthusiastic and having what it takes to drive our business forward. We also look for people who are keen to develop new knowledge and skills, because our growth is ultimately dependent on yours. Finally, we look for leaders; people that will own their solutions, take initiative, drive change and champion excellence.
What can we offer you? To help us attract and retain the best, we pay people according to performance, not tenure. Excel in your role here and the rewards will be excellent too. We will also help you to grow your career, not only through focused investment in learning and development but also by enabling you to explore the opportunities our global market has to offer. Start your Journey with CDK Global.
CDK Global knows you have passions outside of work. You have family, friends, sporting events, and lots of things going on. That’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package to not only take care of you but your family as well. All of our benefits are effective the first day of employment including 401K matching, paid time off to re-energize, donate your time to volunteer in your community, and tuition reimbursement to name a few.
At CDK, we pride ourselves on having a diverse workforce. We value and celebrate the uniqueness of individuals and the different perspectives they provide. We offer equal opportunity employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, or protected veteran status.
Software Quality Assurance (Sqa)
Amazon Web Services
Java Script (Programming Language)
Cascading Style Sheets (Css)
Hyper Text Markup Language (Html)