Choosing a career with ECMC Group means joining a nonprofit corporation with a mission to help students succeed. With a vibrant mission and values, great benefits, and strong community involvement, ECMC Group companies are an ideal team to join.
Adjunct Massage Therapy Job Summary:
Here at Alterius Career College, a division of ECMC Education, it is our culture and commitment to develop a strong community starting within our offices and our campus where diversity is celebrated. Faculty provide appropriate and effective instruction, stay current in the scholarship and practice of their discipline and teaching methodology, support academic quality standards, and demonstrate a commitment to student retention and success.
Alterius Career College is seeking Adjunct Massage Therapy instructors. The adjunct faculty member will provide theory and practical instruction to a level sufficient for students to develop the skills necessary to become employed in the profession of Massage Therapy.
- Instruct assigned courses in accordance with course competencies/objectives
- Inform students about course requirements, evaluation procedures, and attendance policies
- Teach classes based on assigned schedule and modality according to Altierus faculty expectations and complete all related teaching administrative responsibilities such as attendance taking, final grade submission, etc.
- Provide students with academic support and advice give referrals for additional assistance as required, tutor if necessary, and provide other assistance as needed and use technology for academic alerts and interventions
- Support student retention and success with full participation in all Altierus retention initiatives, fully utilizing all provided systems tools
- Stay current with all regional and state code changes and industry standards as it applies to the program subject matter being taught
- Attend required Faculty meetings
- Meet obligations for the on-campus, off-campus, and online time necessary to meet their professional responsibilities for classes, laboratories, office hours, meetings, and other assignments
- Where applicable:
- Maintain valid practice certifications
- Maintain current health requirements, training, licensures and certifications.
- Coordinates schedules with CND in establishing laboratory schedules, classroom rotations (where appropriate), student advising and clinical rotations (where appropriate)
- Ensure related clinical supplies and equipment are up-to-date.
- Arrange students’ field placement and monitor students’ progress
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Active massage therapy license
- Minimum of three years of related practical work experience in the area of massage therapy
- Diploma or certificate in massage therapy
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ECMC Group is committed to ensuring our diverse, inclusive and equitable culture is built on a strong sense of belonging, where everyone feels seen, heard and encouraged to show up as their authentic-self.