To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
30265 Commerce Drive
Millsboro, DE 19966
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Chaplain - Hospice Home Care
VITAS Healthcare • Millsboro, DE
Posted 2 months ago
Why VITAS Healthcare and What Do They Offer Me?
VITAS Healthcare is the nation’s leading provider of end of life care. We provide our employees opportunities for professional growth, advancement and competitive benefits.
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Pre-tax healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance
- 401(k) plan with numerous investment options and generous company match
- Cancer and/or critical illness benefit
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Insurance
- Roadside Assistance
- Affinity Program
The Chaplain is a member of the interdisciplinary team and focuses on the spiritual needs of patients, families, caregivers and staff, including volunteers. The chaplain provides pastoral care interventions, including pastoral counseling, which are determined by spiritual assessment, the specific setting and sensitivity to a variety of values, beliefs and religious orientations. The chaplain seeks excellence in pastoral care, which requires authentic demeanor, compassion and skill in dealing with the spiritual dynamics of illness, loss and death.
Full-time, Monday to Friday, 8 AM - 5 PM.Qualifications
- Qualified candidates must have Ordination or Commission to function in a ministry of pastoral care and has received the endorsement of and is in good standing with his/her body of faith.
- Five years of pastoral experience preferred - two in a clinical setting.
- A minimum of 1 unit (400 hours), preferably two (2) or more, of Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE) accredited by one of the following: Association for Clinical Pastoral Education, National Association of Catholic Chaplains or the Canadian Association for Pastoral Practice and Education.
- Equivalencies to CPE may include one of the following: Evidence of clinical pastoral educational experience that includes supervision of ministry, peer group participation and theological reflection; AAMFT, AAPC, or AMHC certification; or DMin or other accredited graduate degree in pastoral care.
- Knowledge and skill in dealing with spiritual dynamics of illness, loss and death.
- Ability to function as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Commitment to professional growth and development.
- Bachelor's degree required from an accredited institution.
- Master's of Divinity or equivalent graduate degree from an accredited (ATS) seminary or theological school required.