Before you begin, please note special application instructions. Application Instructions:
• Click the link below to complete our pre-employment assessment (30 minutes or less).
• After completing the pre-employment assessment, come back to this job posting and click the “Apply” button to complete your online application.
URL blocked - click to apply
JOB TITLE: MOBILE SERVICE TECHNICIAN
COMPANY: THE READING TRUCK GROUP
FLSA STATUS: NON-EXEMPT
REPORTS TO: OPERATIONS MANAGER
LOCATION: INDIANAPOLIS, IN
The Mobile Service Technician will perform road service on auxiliary (after-market) mobile hydraulic equipment.
We are a leading manufacturer, distributor and fleet sales expert of premium truck bodies with commercial upfit for vocational markets nationwide. We strive for a pioneering attitude and a focused commitment to innovation in all we do.
• Complete repair, maintenance, welding and fabrication on returned customer equipment at shop as needed
• Diagnose and troubleshoot problems
• Develop standardized repair procedures to be applied to duplicate warranty issues
• Other duties as assigned
• Prior experience with mechanical and hydraulic repair
• Excellent customer service skills
• Welding and 12-volt electrical experience preferred
• Valid PA driver’s license and clean driving record
• Ability to travel overnight and/or work non-traditional schedules as workload requires
• Must have his/her own tools
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ENVIRONMENTAL EXPOSURE:
• Work may occur on the production floor, on customer site or over the road, depending on customer request
• Physical activities require considerable use of arms and legs and moving the whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials
• Strong dexterity of hands, fingers and arms for grasping, manipulating, or assembling very small objects
Reading Equipment and Distribution, LLC does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, marital status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, disability, ancestry veteran status or any other status protected by law.
Troubleshooting (Problem Solving)