To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Lexington, KY 40513
- Heather Humphreys
- Phone: 859-977-8544
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Piramal Enterprises Ltd. • Lexington, KY
Posted 20 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The role of the Manufacturing Supervisor is to supervise and coordinate the activities of employees engaging in component preparation, filling, capping, autoclaving, terminal sterilization, compounding, and lyophilization production. This position is also responsible for ensuring proper systems and resources are in place to meet production schedules on time and to ensure products are manufactured to specification and in accordance with SOP's, cGMP's, and safety procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervises Manufacturing Operators and hourly staff in proper operating techniques and procedures.
- Develops information and compiles reports concerning scheduling, production goals, equipment and maintenance problems and other studies or reports as requested.
- Assists in establishing production schedules.
- Confers with other department management to coordinate the scheduling of operations to achieve required deadlines.
- Develops department employees through orientation, training, establishment of objectives, communication of rules and policies while building employee morale and motivation.
- Maintains compliance with company policies, cGMP's, safety standards, and good housekeeping practices.
- Monitors and controls production schedules and activities to ensure the meeting of departmental performance objectives and budgets.
- Supervises, coordinates, and controls the production and operating activities to ensure optimum utilization of personnel, materials, and equipment.
- Conducts continuous review and follow-up on projects to ensure completion of assigned work.
- Evaluates the performance and production of staff; maintains records on performance.
- Advises department management on matters relating to daily operations and makes recommendations for improvements when feasible.
- Recommends and implements value and process improvement programs.
- Ensures adequate resources are available to manufacture product (equipment, supplies, and labor).
- Performs/ensures investigations and document corrections/modifications are done effectively and in a timely manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Associate's degree in Science or Business related discipline, or 5 + years' related experience required.
- 5 + years' experience in a GMP environment required.
- 3 + years' experience in aseptic or lyophilization manufacturing preferred.
- 3 + years' management experience in an aseptic manufacturing environment preferred.
- Experience managing production employees required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills required.
- Excellent leadership and team building skills required.