PenFed Credit Union is hiring a Director Outreach for the PenFed Foundation in Alexandria, Virginia. The purpose of this role is to serve as the primary connection between the Foundation and its potential beneficiaries; to include active duty service members, veterans and their support networks. The Director of Outreach will quickly identify potential beneficiaries of Foundation programs by leveraging an extensive network of active duty military and veteran support organizations and groups.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and the position will perform other duties as assigned.
- Establish and leverage strategic relationships with Non-Commissioned Officer (NCO) channels in all military branches in specified geographic areas and functional areas, to identify those who can benefit most from Foundation programs.
- Establish trusted relationships with the Department of Veterans Affairs and Veteran Service Organizations (VSOs).
- Seek, identify and establish strategic relationships with other non-profit military support organizations in order to further the Foundation’s mission.
- Seek and develop national, regional and local relationships with the Community Services and Morale Welfare and Recreation (MWR) programs on military installations in order to expand military community awareness of the Foundation’s services.
- Evangelize the Foundation’s mission in order to increase awareness of its programs, ensuring increased penetration of program delivery to active duty service members and veterans.
- Closely coordinate with the Foundation’s Director of Programs and appropriate PFCU teams to identify greater opportunities to further the Foundation’s mission.
- Represent the Foundation in various non-profit associations and other veteran’s organizations.
- Ability to travel to various locations in lieu of and in conjunction with the President of PenFed Foundation on behalf of PenFed Credit Union.
*This role is responsible for ensuring business continuity.*
Education and Experience
Equivalent combination of education and experience is considered.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; or a combination of education and experience that is the equivalent of 12 years in leadership with the necessary skills and knowledge to satisfactorily perform the essential job functions.
- Prior military experience, post 9/11 combat service and joint command experience preferred.
- Excellent and contemporary knowledge of the inner channels of military structure and familial community support organizations, typically gained by at least 20 years military service with 5 years at senior level commands.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including strong presentation and public speaking experience is required.
- Outstanding ability to network and build rapport with corporate executives and private donors.
This position will not initially supervise employees but may do so in the future.
Licenses and Certifications
There are no additional certifications required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to an indoor office setting with moderate noise.
*Most roles require working in an office setting with moderate noise and the ability to lift 25 pounds.*
Ability to travel to various worksites and to be on-call may be required.
Established in 1935, PenFed today is one of the country’s strongest and most stable financial institutions with over 1.8 million members and over $25 billion in assets. We serve members in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as in Guam, Puerto Rico, Okinawa, and Portugal. We are federally insured by NCUA and we are an Equal Housing Lender. We are available to members worldwide, via the web, seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day.
Our mission isn’t simply to help our members get by. We exist to help them realize every ounce of their potential. We exist to educate, and to encourage. We exist to usher their dreams into the land of reality.
We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of paid time off, 401k with employer match, on-site fitness facilities at our larger locations, and more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
PenFed management will maintain and observe personnel policies which will not discriminate or permit harassment or retaliation against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, military or veteran status or obligation, the presence of a physical and/or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, and all statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and conditions of employment. PenFed will also prohibit retaliation against individuals for raising a complaint of discrimination or harassment or participating in an investigation of same.
PenFed will also reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at Phone number blocked - click to apply.