To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Hanover, MD 21076
- Steven Antonsen
- Phone: 4104129808
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Sr. Network Engineer
TEKsystems, Inc • Hanover, MD
Posted 1 month ago
This Senior Network Engineer position is responsible for the delivery of infrastructure solutions and services through standard offerings and processes that drive consistent adoption and speed to market. Network includes, but are not limited to, WAN/LAN routers and switches, core data center networks, load balancing devices, firewall/IPS devices, VPN solutions, Internet access and web filtering, wireless access, DNS/DHCP, network security and monitoring. Individual will work under general direction of the Network Services IS Manager within a team of Network engineers responsible for providing a diverse array of deliverables to optimize network capabilities and services. The ability to communicate clearly, deliver a high level of customer service, and think with the future in mind are key attributes for this role.
* Develop and generate Systems Design Packages, to include conceptual, logical, and physical network architecture/designs and resulting artifacts, including documents and drawings, configuration policies and guidelines, testing analyses, test plans, and risk assessments to ensure sound architecture
* Research technological advancements to ensure that network solutions are continuously improved, supported, and aligned with industry and company standards as well as emerging business requirements
* Evaluate complex data networking technologies to understand their potential vs. risk and make recommendations including both technical and business foundations
* Work with technology vendors and IS purchasing in vendor negotiations and selection as needed
* Contribute to the development, testing, distribution, and documentation of networking technologies and solutions, and conduct training / turn-over of engineered solutions to operational support.
* Troubleshoots and demonstrates problem solving skills in identification of the root causes of business performance and execution issues by using process and data analysis
* Escalate issues in a timely and appropriate manner to team lead for support, approval and/or resolution
* Availability to work extended, off-hours, based upon project requirements and Major Incident remediation situations.
* Occasional travel may be required to support project implementations (less than 10%)
* Broad level of understanding surrounding information systems.
* Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot application and / or infrastructure related problems.
* Excellent written, presentation, and verbal communication skills.
* Strong interpersonal and consultative skills to effectively serve as an organizational advisor of technologies.
* Excellent process work instruction and technical documentation experience.
* In-depth working knowledge of Cisco networking products including Cisco Catalyst 3650 & 6500 Series and Nexus switches, Cisco 3900 and 4000 ISR Series routers, Cisco ASA & Palo Alto firewalls, including licensing and support models
* Proven expertise with LAN/WAN, load balancing, wireless, and network security concepts and technologies.
* Evaluate complex data networking technologies to understand their potential and make recommendations including both technical and business foundations.
* Develop cost analysis models and vendor comparisons for large scale projects to ensure cost-effective and efficient operations, and measures feasibility of various approaches
* Proven experience in the design and delivery of complex network systems
* In-depth working knowledge of IP protocols, QOS, wireless network standards (802.11x), OSI model, and VPN technologies
* Experience working with various sourcing arrangements and hosted technologies including IaaS and Private/Hybrid/Public Cloud offerings
* Experience with analysis, design, implementation, and testing of disaster recovery and business continuity capabilities and technologies
* Working in a distributed network environment.
Top Three Skills:
1. 8-10 years of Routing/Switching experience w/ preferably Cisco technologies - experience supporting an enterprise environment is preferred
2. Working knowledge of firewalls (Palo Alto, Cisco ASA, Next-Generation etc.)
3. Any cloud exposure is preferred (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud etc.)
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email accommodation@teksystems .com for other accommodation options.