This is a full time, remote position open for residents of State of New Jersey. Must be flexible to work an 8-hour shift between the hours of 8am-8pm ET Monday-Friday; Saturday 8am-5pm ET
A private workspace is required where the computer screen is not viewable by others during work hours.
Job Description Summary
Established for citizens of New Jersey to purchase health insurance through the marketplace, this is not Medicaid or Medicare.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answer incoming calls from consumers including the general public, prospective enrollees and people assisting enrollees or acting on their behalf in accordance with all performance standards, policy and procedures, and protocols including but not limited to the confidentiality and privacy policies.
- Respond effectively to all forms of inbound and outbound contacts.
- Track and document all inquiries using the applicable systems.
- Process new applications for health care coverage via the telephone including building tax household, household income, eligibility determinations, interpreting determinations made by the Marketplace, and enrollment into health plans. Transfer/refer consumers to appropriate entities according to the established guidelines.
- Process life event changes, demographic updates, disenrollment requests, and special enrollment periods as requested.
- Facilitate the fulfillment of caller requests for materials via mail, email, or download.
- Facilitate translation services for non-English speaking callers according to procedures.
- Escalate calls or issues to the appropriate designated staff for resolution as needed.
- Attend meetings and trainings as requested and maintain up-to-date knowledge of all programs and systems.
- High School diploma or equivalent with 6 months- 2 years of experience.
Education and Experience Requirements
All staff members supporting Maximus must have a computer and must meet or exceed the following specifications:
Computer Requirements:Desktop or Laptop with Windows only; Apple products and Chromebooks (including ipads and tablets) will not be compatible with our systems) with all of the following minimum characteristics are needed. You must have:
1. Intel Core i5 Processor with 8GB ram
2. 256GB Hard Drive
3. Windows 10 Operating System and above
4. 1 USB Type C 3.1 Gen 2 port (for headset)
5. 1 RJ45 port (for ethernet cable)
6. Highspeed Internet
7. Smartphone and/table with passcode lock for downloading our OneLogin app
Since 1975, Maximus has operated under its founding mission of Helping Government Serve the People, enabling citizens around the globe to successfully engage with their governments at all levels and across a variety of health and human services programs. Maximus delivers innovative business process management and technology solutions that contribute to improved outcomes for citizens and higher levels of productivity, accuracy, accountability and efficiency of government-sponsored programs. With more than 30,000 employees worldwide, Maximus is a proud partner to government agencies in the United States, Australia, Canada, Saudi Arabia, Singapore and the United Kingdom. For more information, visit
EEO Statement: Active military service members, their spouses, and veteran candidates often embody the core competencies MAXIMUS deems essential, and bring a resiliency and dependability that greatly enhances our workforce. We recognize your unique skills and experiences, and want to provide you with a career path that allows you to continue making a difference for our country. We’re proud of our connections to organizations dedicated to serving veterans and their families. If you are transitioning from military to civilian life, have prior service, are a retired veteran or a member of the National Guard or Reserves, or a spouse of an active military service member, we have challenging and rewarding career opportunities available for you. A committed and diverse workforce is our most important resource. MAXIMUS is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. MAXIMUS provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disabled status.
Maximus compensation is based on various factors including but not limited to job location, a candidate's education, training, experience, expected quality and quantity of work, required travel (if any), external market and internal value analysis including seniority and merit systems, as well as internal pay alignment. Annual salary is just one component of Maximus's total compensation package. Other rewards may include short- and long-term incentives as well as program-specific awards. Additionally, Maximus provides a variety of benefits to employees, including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, paid holidays and paid time off. Compensation ranges may differ based on contract value but will be commensurate with job duties and relevant work experience. An applicant's salary history will not be used in determining compensation. Maximus will comply with regulatory minimum wage rates and exempt salary thresholds in all instances.
- Operational Systems
- Solid State Drive
- Telephone Call Reception Management
- Apple Products
- Microsoft Windows