Assists branch management in administering and directing employee coaching, sales/business development, marketing, and operations of the branch. Serves as a foundation of building customer loyalty and growing and retaining customer relationships in the M&T branch system through modeling and coaching the Bank's sales process.
Plays key role in Relationship Management (customer assessments, profiling for sales opportunities, account opening and lead-focused outbound calling), Sales Process (profile/pre- call planning, outreach, appointment preparation, interaction/appointment, follow-up) and Risk Management (audit requirements, fraud prevention, Know Your Customer (KYC) and customer information profile (CIP)). Profiles customers to identify financial needs across all product and service lines, resolves service issues, and on a very limited basis, completes accurate and timely processing of teller transactions.Primary Responsibilities:
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Develop new customer relationships and expand and retain existing relationships by proactively identifying opportunities leveraging the portfolio management process and utilizing the fundamentals of the Bank's sales process to achieve personal sales and/or referral goals. Identify financial needs of customers and present all appropriate product and service options by working cooperatively with appropriate internal business partners. Build new customer relationships through frequent interactions with customers during the first 90 days of the relationship.
- Proactively contact customers in assigned customer portfolio, as well as participate in branch sales promotions to support these efforts.
- Exemplify and provide leadership in support of the Bank's guidelines for delivering and coaching exceptional customer experience including proactively greeting customers, smiling, using their name and ending each interaction (whether in person or phone) by saying "Thank you for banking with M&T, is there anything else I can do for you today (customer name)?". Maintain a professional manner to build customer confidence and trust.
- Take ownership of account servicing and error resolution, including resolving complex customer problems and taking complete ownership of issues escalated by other Bankers, including exercising override authority based on specific situation. Follow-up on these issues as required to ensure timely and accurate resolution, and convert servicing situations to sales/referral opportunities.
- Meet with customers entering the branch to assess and identify customers' immediate and long- term financial needs; present all appropriate options and complete the sale and/or referral of products and services as appropriate. Support branch in achieving its customer retention, acquisition and growth goals including Insurance revenue if appropriate.
- Follow consumer/business banking guidelines for accuracy and proper new account handling and exception processing.
- Maintain thorough knowledge of all procedures affecting branch activities to complete appropriate action as required by circumstance.
- Project a positive image of M&T Bank within the community through involvement in local organizations.
- Exemplify and ensure compliance with operational, security and control policies/procedures, preventing fraud and protecting customer assets.
- Demonstrate teamwork by proactively assisting other branch colleagues when needed as well as actively participating, leading and contributing during Branch Team meetings.
- Coach branch team on quality referral and sales generation (based on Insurance licensing designations) to support sales activities.
- Supervise all branch operations in absence of Branch Manager. Assist branch management with new hires, including their training and coaching. Work with Branch Manager on new hires, resolving personnel problems, hiring, scheduling and monitoring expenses. Write and deliver performance appraisals or provide input to Branch Manager. Provide ongoing guidance and training to branch personnel on operating/platform problems, handling exceptions, adjustments, and sales.
- May exercise usual authority of a manager concerning staffing, performance appraisals, promotions, salary recommendations, performance management and terminations.
- Understand and adhere to the Company's risk and regulatory standards, policies and controls in accordance with the Company's Risk Appetite. Identify risk-related issues needing escalation to management.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the M&T Bank brand.
- Maintain M&T internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators as applicable.
- Responsible for meeting and maintaining registration requirements under the Federal SAFE Act. Complete other related duties as assigned.
This position must have a sound working knowledge of the Branch Manager's responsibilities to act as back-up during the manager's absence. In addition to assisting the Branch Manager in management of the branch and its' staff and servicing existing customers, the primary focus of this position is to serve as key driver to grow the business through proactive identification of sales opportunities with customers to support achievement of annual branch sales goals. Once licensed, the position must maintain Insurance licensing minimum expectations as outlined in MTS Licensed Banker Academy document.
The position must stay current on operational, product and system changes/enhancements, as well as demonstrate good risk management decisions to assist the branch in managing preventable losses and reduce fraudulent activity. The position builds productive partnerships with appropriate areas of the Bank to ensure customer needs, service issues and employee issues are resolved timely and accurately.Supervisory/ Managerial Responsibilities:
May have direct or indirect supervisory responsibility for branch staff.Education and Experience Required:
Associate's degree and a minimum of 4 years' proven retail sales, call center, customer service and/or telesales experience or in lieu of a degree a combined minimum of 6 years higher education and/or work experience, including a minimum of 4 years' proven retail sales, call center, customer service and/or telesales experience.
Minimum of 1 year's supervisory and/or leadership experience.
Pertinent state Life/Accident and Health Insurance licensing required within 18 months of entry into position. Note: branch provides training for licensing within 6 months.
Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills. Proven ability to demonstrate exceptional customer service.
Strong organizational, time management, and prioritization skills. Demonstrated sales/business development experience and success.
Proficiency with personal computers as well as pertinent word processing, and spreadsheet software as well as email.
Ability to communicate and function professionally with all levels of personnel and business partners across the organization.Education and Experience Preferred:
Bachelor's degree. Notary public license.
Licensed Life/Health Insurance Agent. Bi-Lingual based on branch needs.
Experience with Internet.
Fundamental understanding of branch profitability.Physical Requirements:
Ability to stand for long periods of time. Prolonged use of hands and fingers.
Ability to lift light to heavy objects weighing 5 lbs. to 30 lbs. Ability to read fine print.
Ability to interact with customers in an open face-to-face work environment.
Resolve Customer Issue